PDA

View Full Version : psoriasis or scabies

bill
03-13-2013, 02:19 PM
what do I have psoriasis or scabies

Dr.Deepak
03-13-2013, 02:50 PM
welcome to the forum, please give some details on the condition....Where u have it? how long you have it? does it itch? How does it look like? Upload the picture if possible..
Thanks

bill
03-13-2013, 03:08 PM
had this for 4 yrs.emergancy room said it was scabies.when I saw a derm he said it was psoriasis.been treating it as P never goes away but every time I treat it as scabies it clears up.saw 3 differant derms & thy all say its P but you might have scabies too.why dont they just treat me for scabies?went back to hosp 6 mths ago they said it was scabies gave me permethrins cream it goes away but thiers an elergic reaction that looks like P one derm took a biopsy it came back as an elergic reation.something but he doesnt know what to. scabies & P look allmost alike. I would like you openions too this do not have much use for derms anymore

Jaycemartin
03-14-2013, 05:36 AM
Hi, you can try one of the natural treatments for psoriasis from the Internet - some of them do actually work. For my psor. I use herbal cream by Champori quite successfully. It takes just a couple of weeks to clear the spots and they stay clear for months on end.

Dr.Deepak
03-15-2013, 09:52 AM
Scabies can manifests in various ways and can be confusing in some cases. You may be having psoriasis and on/off scabies. Anyways if u could post a picture it would be easy to suggest you further. So did all the lesion cleared up after scabies medications? Are these lesion itchy? where do you have those lesion? do u often gets bumps on genital areas? Do u often get sore throat and like symptoms?

Can u post a picture so we can co-relate with your symptoms and history?

Thanks

kevinkrieger
02-07-2014, 09:54 AM
Scabies can mimic psoriasis as the scabies will leave your skin dry and in areas they burrow they leave the skin scaly and dry. Also keep in mind the scabies treatments themselves will contribute to the dryness.