PDA

View Full Version : Vitiligo on my penis?

WBluesam
02-28-2013, 06:39 AM
Hi, i'm 21 years old male. Recently i noticed small white patches on the foreskin of my penis. The patch don't itch and is perfectly normal. I looked at the internet and it looks like vitiligo. Although it may not harm me but it looks really wired and i'm really worried as it might affect my relationship in near future. I'm worried if girls would accept such wired looking thing. Are there any effective cure available?

juzzy
02-28-2013, 06:54 AM
There are no cures for vitiligo but there are treatments like phototherapy. I recommend you see a doctor or a dermatologist to see what options you have. You might have a higher success rate with the treatments while it is new.

Dr.Deepak
03-02-2013, 08:08 AM
Could probably be vitiligo but always confirm it with the dermatologist, because there are several other disease like lichen sclerosus et atrophicus that can be confused with vitiligo.Yea it can be embasrrasing sometimes, especially in your case about the girls, but if such condition arises take time to explain what really is vitiligo, as most of the people may not know what vitiligo really is or it also can be seen on genital. You must take time to explain them so the fear of sexually transmitted disease or some other impact on partner will go away.

Vitiligo itself is hard to treat and vitiligo on penis and other mucosal surface is even harder. Several therapies have been tried with mixed results. So far, topical Tacrolimus and Pimecrolimus have been found quite helpful in mucosal visiligo.There are several other modalities that have been tried on vitiligo but for vitiligo on penis is not much cosmetic concern. All you need to know is, make sure to educate your partner about it. Be confident about yourself and convince yourself and your partner that your penis looks unique and different from other, nothing to worry about. Some partner might be convinced and move on with you.

starngeboy
03-02-2013, 04:47 PM
The most notable symptom of vitiligo is depigmentation of patches of skin that occurs on the extremities.Although patches are initially small, they often enlarge and change shape. When skin lesions occur, they are most prominent on the face, hands and wrists Depigmentation is particularly noticeable around body orifices, such as the mouth, eyes, nostrils, genitalia and umbilicus. Some lesions have hyperpigmentation around the edges.Patients who are stigmatised for their condition may experience depression and similar mood disorders.

Estpet
05-30-2013, 06:24 PM
If you have by now been diagnosed with vitiligo, then it is a good idea to start changing your diet to reduce the de-pigmention. Ask your doctor for a all natural vitiligo diet or do a search online.