PDA

View Full Version : Immediate remedy for pimples, is it possible?

simron
08-02-2008, 06:46 PM
I have a very sensitive skin which is prone of getting pimples. I have tried all those products which promise to dry them up in a day or two, but all went in vain. Please help me out and let me know if immediate remedy for pimples is possible.

Ashu
08-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Pimples problem is a multi factorial problem which has so many causative factors which needs proper treatment. Follow proper skin care regime. Wipe your face with cotton pad dipped in skin toner 3-4 times a day. Use of mint and clove which have anti-infective properties are beneficial for skin. Avoid junk food. Add lots of salad, fruits to your diet. Drink plenty water. It would help in removing toxins from your body.

aliva
08-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Yes, add garlic oil with curd or honey & apply. But the good way to deal with acne is giving a soothing face masks. For this, 1 part of sandalwood powder may be mixed with 2 parts of mustard seed powder. Make a paste adding few drops of water and apply it on affected skin.

simron
08-04-2008, 09:05 AM
thank you both for your help.. have tried sandalwood.. but haven't tried garlic ..i'll try it and see if it works..

chicque
08-10-2008, 04:27 PM
as much as i support homeopathic remedies, sometimes we just need the help of modern technology! my friend has zeno, and he used to have the worst types of pimples: huge and disgusting. when he started using zeno, most of them were gone in about a week! so maybe you should try it.

Zenisha
01-05-2010, 09:48 AM
i don't think immediate cure is possible for acne.

Augustus
11-15-2010, 08:12 AM
For effective and commonly used pimples home remedies are...

*Put toothpaste on your pimples before you go to bed, should help reduce swelling overnight. Make sure it is the paste not the gel. One of the most popular home remedies for acne and pimples.
*Garlic Juice with 3 parts water is an excellent cleansing agent. Raw garlic applied ( rubbed) on the face can make persistent pimples disappear without a scar with repeated applications. The external use of garlic helps to clear the skin of spots, pimples & boils.
*Wash your face twice a day in warm salty water. This should leave your face oil free without aggravating the acne. A simple pimples home remedy.

SecretB5StopsAc
08-24-2011, 06:30 AM
Immediate cure is not possible for pimple. Once you understand the causes of pimple, getting rid of pimples will be really easy. Change your diet and lifestyle in order to get rid of pimples. Sleep on time and sleep at least 7 hours a day to get a healthy skin. You must also wash your face 2-3 times a day with an oil free soap or face wash. Go natural and avoid heavy makeup if you are very prone to pimples.

mck123
08-24-2011, 06:45 AM
Immediate remedy is not possible.It takes at least 3 days to remove pimple completely.I think Toothpaste is better option to dry it out on a short term basis.Calamine lotion will have the same drying effect.

paulog
08-24-2011, 04:52 PM
I agree that there is perhaps no "instant" remedy for acne. I've had 'bacne' for many years in my life and got a great handle on it by doing the obvious basics:
a LOT of water every day; organic vegetable juice that I use 3-4 times a week to replace a meal. Delete all junk & refined foods; Clean the colon, There are so many products available in the health food stores that will help you to do this naturally.
I'm 58 and also started to have arthritic issues. So, my 'anti-arthritis' diet has also dramatically improved my skin! It's basically the same as mentioned above.
Have yogurt (organic, plain only) add blueberries, strawberries, raspberry and some flaxseeds. This not only adds omega 3 (flaxseed) but has a powerful anti-inflamatory effect.
The point is that good food is good for your body and will help heal whatever is going on over time.

Getting rid of acne is a responsible, holistic journey.

Dr. Washington
08-25-2011, 08:38 AM
Drink a lot of water for sure but I have also told my friends something that helped them with pimples. Depending on your body this can work as quickly as 24 hours, hope this help:

"Breakfast is an important way to start your day, and a breakfast food is what we’ll start out with on the path to clear skin. A mask of oatmeal is a great zit remedy — it will thoroughly cleanse your skin and soak up any excess oil. Mix oatmeal with just enough water to make a paste and apply to the infected area and allow to dry for 20—30 minutes. Rinse with tepid water. Then it’s on to phase two—reduce that swelling!

To reduce swelling, grind fresh orange peel and mix it with water to form a paste. Apply it gently and leave it on for at least 30 minutes. Let the anti-inflammatory properties of orange peel work its pimple remedy magic.

Next, it’s time to get the red out! Add 3 teaspoons of dried basil leaves to 1 cup boiling water and let steep for 10-20 minutes. After it cools, apply to affected area with a cotton ball. This is one of the finest herbal pimple rememdies and also functions as an excellent general tonic for problem skin.

The last “prescription” is a good night’s sleep. During sleep is when your body repairs itself so give it a chance to do just that. Your own body is a good pimple remedy, believe it or not! When you wake up, that pesky acne problem will seem like it was all a bad dream."

My friends used this and it worked for him, hope this helped you alot, if you do decide to do it let me know how it worked out for you.

paulog
08-26-2011, 03:38 PM
Hi Dr Washington;

Thanks for the great advice.

Do you have a blog or book of your own that I can get?

I've had problems with heat & humidity my whole life that results in foliculitis breakouts during the hotter months.
I'd appreciate any advice that you may have for dealing with that condition.

thx!

Mubeen123
08-27-2011, 07:06 AM
Hi,
Don't try a lot of things, there is not instant remedy, so go to the doctor for a long-term treatment.:D

Mubeen.