PDA

View Full Version : Black Macule on nose? Discoloration Pictures included [HELP]

mdavid19
01-06-2013, 01:22 PM
Ive developed some sort of flat black macule on the tip of my nose, it is very annoying I had it for about 4 months
it does not itch,ooze,or give pain it is just there if tried using cream but no successs.
Is there any remedies to get rid of this it is really annoying for me to go out with.

THanks

Dr.Saiyan
01-06-2013, 08:08 PM
Hi david ! welcome to the forum
Though your picture is not very clear but from what i can see it seems like dysplastic nevus to me.Wanna ask if the lesion have changed colour, texture, size and shape since than. how many of these type lesions do you have in your body. If you find any such changes in colour, texture, size,number (more than five lesions) and shape or if it starts itching, bleeding, oozing please consult the dermatologist have it checked because there is changes of turning into melanoma, which is a very serious skin cancer. Removing the lesion is not really recommended unless it is cosmetically unacceptable or suspected of malignant transformation. But as there is changes of malignant transformation it is strongly advised to use sunscreen of SPF 30 or above while out in sun and if you see any changes in its nature immediately consult the dermatologist to conduct excisional biopsy.