PDA

View Full Version : Black Skin On Tip Of Nose? Discoloring? Please HELP! Thanks

sammy1000
01-04-2013, 11:21 PM
I just got home from school,right and I had just noticed a very weird black circle on the middle tip of my nose.
The skin was black but there was no bumps or anything at all.I had no idea how it poped-up so quickly and what it was.
The skin was pretty similar to my normal skin it was just black, Ive tried steaming my face and creaming to see
if it would go, or atleast faded away but it was not going at all.Its been on my nose for about 2 months now and
I find it really uncomfortable to go outside without people staring at me.Is it discoloring in on the skin on my nose?

Is there any remedies or cures that could help me, I will be very grateful! Thankyou!

Dr.Deepak
01-05-2013, 08:15 AM
Welcome to the forum Sam, few questions.. does it itch? has it changed its size, shape and color during last two months, is it raised or flat? How old r u? It could just be a benign (harmless) mole or nevus but anyway can u post a clear pic if possible.

sammy1000
01-05-2013, 11:21 AM
It doesnt itch and it hasnt changed size, its been flat eversince. I may be able to get some pictures for you too. Any remedies for it?

Dr.Deepak
01-06-2013, 04:46 PM
Thanks for update sam. It is really hard to suggest treatment options or remedies without examining your lesion, but according to your description it looks like harmless melanocytic nevi to me. Usually small superficial moles are best removed using a shave excision technique that usually results in minimal scarring which fades over time. This procedure usually takes less than a minute. However, if the lesion is deep it may need to be excised or punch graft. Without actually seeing the lesion personally or at-least a clear close view picture of the lesion, it is hard to suggest. So, it is wise to visit the dermatologist and confirm the lesion, if your dermatologist confirms as harmless, it can also be removed with other options like freezing with liquid nitrogen, or lasers and many other options depending on the depth and location of the lesion.

Please do upload a clear picture so we can suggest you further.

sammy1000
01-06-2013, 07:07 PM
Thanks deepak! :D Ive got a picture 2227

how would i do this little shave excision technique?

Dr.Deepak
02-01-2013, 05:29 PM
Shave excision is done by your doctor and it just takes a minute and is painless procedure. The excised tissue is taken for lab and if there is suspicion of pre-cancer or cancer your doctor may perform complete excision to make sure every tissue at risk is removed.

kevinkrieger
04-21-2014, 12:02 PM
Go and consult a dermatologist to know the reason behind it and then go for treatment.