PDA

View Full Version : Is bleaching bad for hair

sashisaa
07-30-2008, 07:04 PM
I am a dusky girl with lots of facial hair. I get them bleached instead of waxing to avoid the pain, but lately I have come to know that bleaching is very bad for skin. Please suggest any other way to deal with my facial hair.

Ben
07-30-2008, 07:28 PM
you can do permanent hair removal..

Ashu
07-31-2008, 12:25 PM
For excessive facial hair, you can use some permanent hair reduction treatment. Now days, advance technology like pulsed light therapy is available. This is the safest, painless quick method of getting rid of unwanted hair. After 5-7 sessions, hair density reduces remarkably.

aliva
08-03-2008, 01:16 PM
The bleaches sold in the market are all chemicals. However, powder bleaches are better than cream bleaches. The only natural bleaches are off the kitchen shelf like lemon juice, oranges, the lactic acid in milk and milk products, etc. but if used only once a month and for not more than 7 to 10 minutes it serves more than one purpose. It lifts the tan, takes off the dead skin cells and bleaches the soft hair on the face. This softens and brightens and definitely boost your confidence.

Another way is laser therapy. Though it is not guaranteed of 1005 success, it is a very reasonable option.

suresh
08-08-2008, 08:21 PM
yea i guess bleaching is bad..

chicque
08-11-2008, 06:40 PM
bleaching is bad! the chemicals will make your skin look unhealthy. but if you must, try bleaching no more than once a month. or you could also try waxing and/or threading.

Bono
09-06-2008, 04:22 PM
i recently heard that bleaching creams might cause skin cancer.so think before you use.

Sabina
09-07-2008, 05:28 PM
yea don't use it often i also heard it causes cancer..

sashisaa
09-07-2008, 05:50 PM
oh thanks all for your reply..i tried every natural bleaches but never worked.i guess i must go for permanent removal.

mimico
10-22-2008, 02:15 PM
Uh oh.. I've been eyeing the Sally Hansen bleaching kit the other day. Good thing I red this post first! I have a lot of dark hair on my arms and sometimes I'm very self conscious about it. Removing it with a cream will make it grow back thicker in my experience so I considered bleaching.. I want to have laser hair removal too but it's too expensive for me. :(

Zenisha
12-13-2008, 05:27 AM
i also don't suggest any bleaching creams they contain many harmful chemical.always look for good and famous brands if you really need bleaching.

beatrix_kiddo
01-10-2009, 12:43 PM
I dont really believe the cancer claims as the cream is used on the skin and for only a few minutes. There are worse things we do that can cause cancer. i use bleach very often and have had no problems so far. Places where you have to use too much bleach like uperlip and side burns , you can get them waxed regularly or get them removed by laser.

Jenny
11-29-2011, 06:46 AM
Its bad for skin too.

Ziesha001
07-03-2012, 07:37 AM
well My mom got bleached her hair few years back, 2-3 months they worked well but after that they got rough and dry. Then my mom decided to use home remedy for her hairs like applying hair oil on daily basis, egg white and yoghurt ! And Now she finally got her hair back. So conclusion is that do bleach your hair but use home remedies too.

suruchipurimake
08-02-2018, 04:21 PM
Of all colouring methods, bleach is doubtlessly the most adverse, and therefore ought to ideally continually be completed by way of a expert. Bleaching raises your hairs’ outer cuticle to permit the bleaching agent to fully penetrate. However, repeated bleaching can completely raise the cuticle scales which permits rapid and continuous loss of moisture.

Harm from bleach includes dry, brittle, inelastic hair, and hair that is more susceptible to breakage and split ends. Bleached hair is likewise more porous and swollen and therefore extra liable to different chemical and non-chemical methods. These consist of the whole lot from everlasting wave answers in curling or straightening, to ordinary heated styling with blow-dryers, straightening irons and brushes. At the same time as all bleaches have a dangerous impact on your hair’s protein shape that is intensified every time the process is undertaken which means the greater regularly you bleach or spotlight your hair, the extra broken it will be.

The amount of harm completed also depends on the level of the color alternate. As an instance, going from a dark to a mild colour is the maximum harmful due to the fact the colouring (bleaching) agent is more potent and left on for longer.

Natalie carr, consultant trichologist on the philip kinglsey trichological hospital in mayfair, london, says ‘think of bleached hair as being a piece like a sponge – it’s very porous. But at the same time as it soaks up water quickly and without difficulty, it loses it just as swiftly. You need to apply products that inspire the cuticle to close, so that the hairs’ moisture content material and integrity is maintained.