PDA

View Full Version : How to get rid of persistent acne

julianeedshelp
12-03-2012, 05:49 AM
Hi,

I've had acne for about 3 years now and it just won't seem to go away! I first got it on my cheeks. When I went to the dermatologist he prescribed me Adapalene which I used faithfully. The majority of the acne on my cheeks went away, and this summer I had completely clear skin. Then school started in the fall and I broke out on my forehead. At first it was between my eyebrows, but then I picked at it (ugh bad I know). I covered it with tons of concealer because I felt so self-conscious about it, and then the acne spread all over my forehead. I used to have flawless skin there but now I continuously break out. I went to the dermatologist (another one) and he prescribed me Retin-A and Clindamycin phosphate gel to use. I use Retin-A almost every night (judging by how dry my skin is), and I use Clindamycin every night.

I've been using Retin-A and Clindamycin for about 2 weeks now. I'm not really seeing any improvement, and actually my cheeks (which had previously been clear because of the previous dermatologist) are starting to break out again. They're little red bumps that don't seem to go away. My hyperpigmentation isn't going away either, and I don't want to use concealer for fear of breaking out even more.

My forehead acne just won't go away, and now my cheeks are breaking out too. What should I do - what am I doing wrong??

Note: I use Cetaphil antibacterial soap (the bar) on my cheeks, Cerave foaming facewash on my forehead, and Cetaphil moisturizing lotion all over my face.

Thank you for your help!!

Dr.Deepak
12-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Welcome to the forum Julia. Sorry for late reply.. anyway, how about your general health? do you frequently suffer from constipation? any menstrual irregularities? Sleeping habits..? stress..?

If this treatment method is not working for you, why don't you add BPO (Benzoyl Peroxide) to this regimen. Applying products containing BPO on alternate days on your forehead might work. As the type of skin differs per individuals, so every treatment that works on other may not works on you. Finding the better product that works might take time. Just try to avoid any triggering factors like stress, diet(if u think it aggravates), avoid constipation and so.so. Also to avoid antibiotics resistance and better result, combination therapy with clindamycin, BPO and adapalene is suggested.

aromatherapist
12-10-2012, 11:30 PM
Personally I like the all natural route. I have had a few friends with skin problems that said nothing else but what I recommended has ever worked for them.

An alcohol free witch hazel would give your face a thorough cleaning (more thorough than any soap). I hate washing my face with water, so I just use a cosmetic pad soaked in this alcohol free witch hazel and I no longer get blackheads.

A thyme tincture or some type of extraction in the witch hazel does very well for acne.

marclewis
02-19-2015, 09:45 AM
Aloe vera is helpful to treat acne. Apply aloe vera gel on your face and wash after 10 minutes. Use this remedy for best results.

William Smith
06-08-2015, 09:40 AM
You may use Nexret cream to get rid of acne..This cream can be used to treat other skin related problems like wrinkles, dull skin etc.