PDA

View Full Version : Body Butter Recipe

Carolsue22
11-20-2012, 01:11 AM
hi. looking for a good body butter recipe. I would like to give some as gifts. I have seen a few recipes but would like to hear from someone that has made some with success. thanks!!

pepsimax
11-20-2012, 05:42 AM
My favourite is unrefined shea butter and organic virgin coconut oil mixed together, approx 70/30 or 60/40 mix. You could mix an essential oil with it to give it a nice aroma. This can be used on face and body. Or around 40% shea butter, 30% coconut oil and 30% natural beeswax (or vaseline) and I make a gorgeous lip balm.
Sorry its not more but to me little is best. Hope this helps.

withavision
11-28-2012, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the recipe, sounds refreshing and silky!

Sydney Stevens
01-22-2013, 09:44 AM
I love making natural beauty products.

Ingredients:
½ cup Shea Butter
½ cup Cocoa Butter or Mango Butter
½ cup Coconut Oil
½ cup light oil like almond, olive or jajoba

Optional: Essential Oils for scent- I like using 10-30 drops depending on the essential oils used. Peppermint and Citrus/Lavender and favorites at our house.

Instructions:
1. In a double boiler or glass bowl, combine all ingredients except essential oils.
2. Bring to medium heat and stir constantly until all ingredients are melted.
3. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
4. Move to fridge and let cool another 1 hour or until starting to harden but still somewhat soft.
5. Use a hand mixer to whip for 10 minutes until fluffy.
6. Return to fridge for 10-15 minutes to set.
7. Store in a glass jar with a lid and use as you would regular lotion or body butter. If your home stays above 75 degrees, it may soften and need to be kept at the fridge, but it will stay whipped at a temperature lower than that.
Enjoy!

kevinkrieger
03-10-2014, 06:33 AM
Thanks for sharing the recipe. I was looking for the same information. This helped me and i'll definitely try it.

ChristinaRose
03-12-2014, 12:52 AM
Great recipe Sydney Stevens ... I tried and it came out well. Thanks a lot :).

kaufenpreis
04-02-2014, 01:09 PM
Body Butter

Makes 2 1/2 to 3 cups whipped butter.
1 cup organic raw shea butter (solid)
1/2 cup coconut oil (solid)
1/2 cup almond oil (liquid)

1. Melt shea butter and coconut oil in the top of a double boiler. Remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes.

2. Stir in almond oil and essential oils of your choosing.*

3, Place oil mixture in freezer or outside to chill.

4. Wait until oils start to partially solidify (see photo) then whip until a butter-like consistency is achieved.

4. Place in clean, glass jar and enjoy! A little goes a long way.

*Not all essential oils are skin friendly or child friendly. Please do your research before adding.

stevex
08-01-2014, 05:25 AM
Simple recipe to make body butter containing only two things coconut oil and vanilla extract . First of all mix the coconut oil for 2-4 minutes. Then add vanilla extract and mix it once again for 4-5 minutes.Your body butter is ready. If you don't like vanilla you can add few drops of oil .

stevex
08-01-2014, 05:27 AM
Simple recipe to make body butter containing only two things coconut oil and vanilla extract . First of all mix the coconut oil for 2-4 minutes. Then add vanilla extract and mix it once again for 4-5 minutes. Your body butter is ready. If you don't like vanilla you can add few drops of oil .

Pantherkaur
08-21-2014, 11:21 AM
Simple recipe to make body butter containing only two things coconut oil and vanilla extract . First of all mix the coconut oil for 2-4 minutes. Then add vanilla extract and mix it once again for 4-5 minutes. Your body butter is ready. If you don't like vanilla you can add few drops of oil .

Thanks for sharing simple recipe of body butter. I will definitely make it at home.

marclewis
08-27-2014, 04:51 AM
This is very easy recipe having many benefits.

James C. Picket
04-03-2015, 07:48 AM
I would like to share a recipe of homemade body butter, it takes only 30 minutes for prepration. And just it need 1 cup cocoa butter, 1/2 cup coconut oil, 1/2 cup sweet almond oil. Firstly melt the hard butter then mix it with all oils and blend it well. Then keep it in freezer to harden for 20 minutes.Once the mixture is semi solid again, whip it up using an electronic whisk. Now your body butter is ready to be used.