PDA

View Full Version : Roasted pumpkin seeds

pepsimax
11-15-2012, 06:36 AM
Does anyone here eat pumpkin seeds? Pumpkins are not as popular here as in the US so its not a fruit I am that familiar with. I recently bought some vanilla pumpkin seeds as an alternative snack. I ate a couple of handfuls last night while fighting the rabbit off me (the vanilla smell attracted him), and this morning was very sick.
Looking up on the net I found out they contain zinc so its possible I had a reaction to an overload of zinc but there is nothing on the label to direct you on how much you should eat and they came from a good shop so not cheap rubbish. As I currently have a serious problem with my liver, which is still being investigated and for as long as I can remember I often suffer from iron deficiency anemia I'm wondering if it was odd to caused the reaction.

y34963
11-28-2012, 05:34 AM
Pumpkin seeds are very popular in Canada. They are eaten as snacks and are considered very healthy. I haven't heard of anyone getting sick. We often roast our own from fresh pumpkin in the autumn. The are considered a whole food. Personally I don't care for the flavoured seeds just the plain ones.