PDA

View Full Version : What is this on my Back [PICTURES] ?

iperjet
11-10-2012, 01:35 AM
Had these all over my back, what are these?

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t515/bmwsg/Misc/20121110_092146_zps53e97f4b.jpg

Pleas help ! Had been bothering me for months!

Dr.Saiyan
11-10-2012, 05:44 AM
Hi Adrian! Lesions seems like pityriasis lichenoids like eruption or could be just acne but your picture is not so clear if possible can you sent better picture with closeups. Are these lesion just on one side or both..(unilateral/bilateral). Also like to know if these lesions are on other parts of body like chest?Are they itchy? Do you tend to scratch or rub while its itchy?can you see scale attached above it?Do other members in your family also have it? How long do you have those lesions for?Do you tend to bleed while removing the scale above it?how old are you?plz answer the questions patiently.

iperjet
11-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Hi Adrian! Lesions seems like pityriasis lichenoids like eruption or could be just acne but your picture is not so clear if possible can you sent better picture with closeups. Are these lesion just on one side or both..(unilateral/bilateral). Also like to know if these lesions are on other parts of body like chest?Are they itchy? Do you tend to scratch or rub while its itchy?can you see scale attached above it?Do other members in your family also have it? How long do you have those lesions for?Do you tend to bleed while removing the scale above it?how old are you?plz answer the questions patiently.

Thanks for the reply !

Are these lesion just on one side or both..(unilateral/bilateral) – Both side
Also like to know if these lesions are on other parts of body like chest? – A few on my chest, legs and hands. But mostly on my back
Are they itchy? Yes
Do you tend to scratch or rub while its itchy? Yes
Can you see scale attached above it? I do Not Understand
Do other members in your family also have it? No
How long do you have those lesions for? About 2 months
Do you tend to bleed while removing the scale above it? No
how old are you? 37

More Photos of the infection

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t515/bmwsg/Skin/IMG_5417_zpsbbd56f32.jpg
http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t515/bmwsg/Skin/IMG_5420_zps2a284ca2.jpg
http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t515/bmwsg/Skin/IMG_5421_zpsa883eb07.jpg
http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t515/bmwsg/Skin/IMG_5422_zps2a759fb4.jpg

Felt so stress and frustrated with these on my body. Please help.. Thanks !!

Dr.Saiyan
11-10-2012, 01:21 PM
Thanks for replying patiently. The lesions seems like pityrosporum folliculitis to me which is a yeast infection of hair follicle which tends to be very itchy. I would suggest you to see a dermatologist, undergo fungal testing by scraping the lesions to confirm the diagnosis. Usually antifungal medication like ketoconazole, ciclopirox lotion/cream or econazole forming solution can be used. In case of resistant cases oral antifungals like ketoconazole or itaconazole can also be used. Hope u keep us updating about your condition, we will love to hear from you.

iperjet
11-15-2012, 01:12 PM
Thanks for replying patiently. The lesions seems like pityrosporum folliculitis to me which is a yeast infection of hair follicle which tends to be very itchy. I would suggest you to see a dermatologist, undergo fungal testing by scraping the lesions to confirm the diagnosis. Usually antifungal medication like ketoconazole, ciclopirox lotion/cream or econazole forming solution can be used. In case of resistant cases oral antifungals like ketoconazole or itaconazole can also be used. Hope u keep us updating about your condition, we will love to hear from you.

I am now on ketoconazole tablet, ketoconazole Cream and bath with Nizoral shampoo.

But could it be grover's disease?

Dr.Saiyan
11-15-2012, 05:55 PM
Yes that could also be considered, but doesn't seem likely in your case. Anyway, histological confirmation and clinicopathologic correlation is required. Other possibilities of such acneiform eruption may be due to drugs. Are/were you on any medications like steroids or any other drugs recently?

iperjet
11-16-2012, 08:01 AM
Yes that could also be considered, but doesn't seem likely in your case. Anyway, histological confirmation and clinicopathologic correlation is required. Other possibilities of such acneiform eruption may be due to drugs. Are/were you on any medications like steroids or any other drugs recently?

No i am not on Steroids ... however i do have a terrible soar throat about 2 months ago and took some strong antibiotics for about a week...

Dr.Saiyan
11-16-2012, 10:45 AM
Yes several antibiotics like amoxicillin,ampicillin, isoniazid, NSAIDS corticosteroids and anticonvulsants can cause sudden acneiform drug eruptions. Do you remember what antibiotic did you take two months back coz your eruption started around same time as the medication so can have relation with it and the eruption also occurs in non- seborrheic areas. All the medication have specific half life time by then they will be completely eliminated from the body and immediately stopping the culprit drug can slowly help to resolve the acneiform lesions. I suggest you to stop taking that drug and if the eruption is caused by the drug it will slowly resolve by itself. Also many herbal medication though they do not specify contains steroids so I wanna suggest you to stop taking any herbal medication if you are in it.
Did you use ketoconazole after fungal testing?Have you found any changes after using the antifungal medications like getting less pruritic or inflammed etc??

iperjet
11-18-2012, 09:42 AM
Yes several antibiotics like amoxicillin,ampicillin, isoniazid, NSAIDS corticosteroids and anticonvulsants can cause sudden acneiform drug eruptions. Do you remember what antibiotic did you take two months back coz your eruption started around same time as the medication so can have relation with it and the eruption also occurs in non- seborrheic areas. All the medication have specific half life time by then they will be completely eliminated from the body and immediately stopping the culprit drug can slowly help to resolve the acneiform lesions. I suggest you to stop taking that drug and if the eruption is caused by the drug it will slowly resolve by itself. Also many herbal medication though they do not specify contains steroids so I wanna suggest you to stop taking any herbal medication if you are in it.
Did you use ketoconazole after fungal testing?Have you found any changes after using the antifungal medications like getting less pruritic or inflammed etc??

No testing is done yet. After taking the ketoconazole tablet for about 3 days, i don't see much improvement.

My mum advise me to apply Tea Tree Oil and drink cocount oil daily.

How long will it take to recover if it is pityrosporum folliculitis which we assumed now.

Dr.Saiyan
11-18-2012, 05:51 PM
It would have been better if you have tested and confirmed the fungal infection before starting the antifungal medication ,anyway normal course of drug is 7 to 10 day ,we nornally have to complete the dose in order to avoid drug resistance. the tea tree oil have antibacterial property may be used for acne which generally have seborrheic distribution and comedones which is unlikely in your case. The Grover's disease generally occurs after sun exposure in exposed parts of body usually in middle aged men, which is confirmed by biopsy. As you already stopped the antibiotic and do not seem to be in any medication presently ,if the lesion is due to former antibiotic which you are not sure of, it will heal slowly by itself .so i still suggest you to see dermatologist and undergo simple fungal testing, if it turns out positive you can continue with the drug,otherwise u may need to undergo biopsy and continue the treatment according to the result.

Pantherkaur
09-16-2014, 05:50 AM
What is fungal infection? and its treatment. Explain me please

nehaprajapati
09-17-2014, 08:39 AM
These are red spots and it is danger I think. You should eat Tomato daily.

marclewis
11-07-2014, 09:21 AM
To prevent your skin from fungal:
Dry your skin thoroughly after you have a bath
Wear loose fitting clothes made of cotton
Don't share towels and combs