PDA

View Full Version : Itchy bumps on forearms and legs

Jblaze2
11-09-2012, 06:38 PM
It started with one oval-shaped ring <1cm on my right bicep (since then I've not gotten a single bump on my upper arms). A few days later on my left forearm I got two more small itchy red bumps about 1cm, followed by many little red bumps maybe 1-2mm around. Then they started popping up on my legs (both upper and lower, and on my other forearm as well). I thought it was ringworm because they were kinda oval shaped so i bought 2-3 OTC creams, but they look nothing like the pictures of ringworm that I see online. It's been 2-3 weeks and the old ones fade out and new ones show up.

Description:
-Only on my forearms and legs.
-different bumps get occasionally itchy.
-Some red oval shaped and when i scratch them, they turn white in the center
-others are just little circular bumps
-None are over 1cm
-No issues besides itchyness and bumps, no headaches or tiredness or anything else. I'm actually pretty healthy and active.

Thanks in advance!

Dr.Saiyan
11-10-2012, 06:18 PM
Hi John !First welcome to our form , the lesions in your hand seems like allergic dermatitis to me ,you may have come in contact with something that you are allergic to,parasite like dust mite, flea,animal hair etc. I wanna know if there is any change in your woking or home environment recently ?do you have cat or dog with you? have you had new carpet recently or construction work going on near you? I would suggest you to see dermatologist and have allergen test done to determine the culprit ,so the that you can avoid it. Until than you apply some topical antihistamine like diphenhydramine or oral like cetrizine,fexofenadine to alleviate the itching.