PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen self beauty treatments

Ashu
06-21-2008, 02:56 PM
I am naming some common natural ingredients which can be found easily and are good for your skin too.

Almond
One of the most powerful moisturisers especially for dry skins,almonds have high contents of vitamin E and almond oil can be used on dark circles and very dry skin.Powdered almonds mixed with fresh cream or cold milk makes an excellent face wash.

Avocado
This exotic fruit contails Vitamin A,D and E and is good for face pack and for nourishing dry and damage skins.The oil of the avocado is widely used in nourising creams for dry skins.

You can use avocados at home by mashing the pulp and applying it to dry skin.Leave it on for 20 minutes and wash off.Its my all time favorite fruit for my face during winter.

Carrots
Rich in Vitamins A,carrots can be used as a natural cleanser.Raw grated carrots can be used to cleanse the skin and leave it soft and supple.

Cucumber
The next time you are making a cool salad,save some slices and cucumber peels and apply all over skin.It tightns and soothes the skin and also cools and heals sunburns.Cucumber also has a natural effect and feels wonderful when slices of it are placed on tired eyes.It is useful to freakles,smooth wrinkles,blench the skin and soften hard skin.

Potatoes
Excellent for removing blemishes,potatoes has a natural lightning and tightning effect on skin.Potatoes slices cab be used to reduce puffiness in the eyes and has an extremely soothing effect.You can grate raw potatoes after peeling it and apply it around the eye area to reduce dark circles.

Tomatoes

Slightly acidic in nature,tomatoes contain high contents of potassium and vitamins C.It is excellent for oily skins and helps the skin feel cleaner and tighter.Tomatoes help to reduce open pores and blackheads.
Cut a tomato in half and rub on the skin,letting the juice saturate into the pores.Leave on for 15 minutes and wash off.

alice
07-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Thanks for your great tips ashma. I never knew that potatoes can remove blemishes too. I am gonna try it for sure.

chicque
07-02-2008, 04:50 AM
may i add a tip? olive oil is great for your skin! it leaves it soft and supple without clogging it because its so natural...i literally use it everywhere on my body..although the smell isn't that great but i love what it does.

Ashu
07-02-2008, 09:27 AM
yup potatoes does remove,try it...yea olive oil is also good for your skin.

alice
07-03-2008, 01:17 AM
One more thing that I would like to add is, tomatoes! Whenever you suffer from excessive exposure to sun or sun burns. Just apply the raw tomato pulp on your affected skin and you will notice the difference in 10-15 minutes. I used to do it daily when I had to go for summer camps and thats why I never developed permanent tanning.

sallybrown
05-05-2010, 07:08 AM
That's a great list. I'd also like to add lemon to the list. You can use lemon as a bleach for the skin and you can use this as a facial cleanser (mixed with water and honey). And most of all lemons can help you lose weight (drink first thing in the morning on an empty stomach).

emmawatson
06-02-2010, 08:42 AM
Prepare yourself for a complete makeover as you discover the inner world of true beauty as we dispense tips and advice on every aspect of beauty from homemade remedy to beauty pageant secrets. Our free tips and advice will work whether your skin is Asian, African American, Indian, or a light complexion. The free beauty tips, advice and secrets contained here are for the mature woman as well as the teen girl still facing the trials of acne.

jasmine
06-20-2010, 08:21 AM
I also want to add some more tips with some good fruits and vegetables which makes us to glow in the external with a good appearance. The following are:

1. Beetroot: It is very good for anemic persons. It does wonders to your skin. It purifies the blood and is rejuvenating.

2. Oranges: They are rich source of Vitamin C. It prevents constipation. They work as cleansers and improve the skin and supports the immune system.

3. Grapes: They are effective for constipation and gives relief in piles. It prevents dryness of skin and it purifies the blood. Its juice can be applied on wrinkles under the eyes.

4. Gooseberry: It is rich in vitamin C. It increases the body's resistance against diseases. It has medicinal properties and is excellent for the skin and hair. It rejuvenates our body. One or two gooseberries (fruit preserved in honey) can be taken daily.

5. Garlic: It is a very powerful antiseptic. It helps to delay aging and restores tissue. It reduces high blood pressure and is good for the blood and heart. It has many other medicinal uses also. Include garlic (raw or steamed) in your diet as it has antibacterial properties and helps to improve the health of the skin.

6. Papaya: It is good for the skin. It gives relief in case of constipation and it combats cancer. Papaya cleanses the body completely. It delays aging of skin. Raw papaya juice if applied externally helps to cure pimples and also reduces wrinkles.

sunlabs
06-30-2010, 10:44 AM
HI..
i have combination skin, i want to know which type of products i should use ?

katheryngumb
11-16-2016, 03:41 AM
Thank you for sharing the list of your tips. I use Cucumber and Potatoes and very effective.

pillor
11-16-2016, 10:02 PM
I have bought an anti-age product and it contains the following ingredients:
Retionl
Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane
Silica
Allantoin
Vitamin B5
Hydrolyzed rice protein
Beta Carotene
Q 10
Grape Seed Extract
green tea
Bilberry
Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate
Vitamin B3
Vitamin C
Collagen
hyaluronic acid
Amino Acid
Xantham Gum
Shea Butter
Hydrogenated Castor Oil Dimer Dilinoleate
Hydroxypropyl Tetrahydropyrantriol
Butylene Glycol
Hydrogenated coco-glycerides
Elastin
Glutathione
Biosaccharide Gum-1
cucumber
almond oil
Papaya
Coenzyme A
Sodium acetate
Jojoba seed oil
Edetate Disodium
Disodium phosphate
Cellulose
Aloe vera

Is it good for wrinkles and agti-aging?? Please help me.

pillor
11-16-2016, 10:07 PM
If you want to try a product that contains natural ingredients, I would recommend you to contact limonova.abdallah@gmail.com . It is a great anti-aging skin care product from turmeric. I have been using this product for a while and notice good change on my skin. Note: I have dry and sensitive skin, it doesn't irritate my skin like some other brands do.

Angellift
11-25-2016, 05:54 AM
Great List. But I want to add Aloevera too. Just Applying the natural gel of Aloe vera heals all your face skin problems in once. So no need to apply different creams or products for different problem. :)