PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody tell me what is it on my inner thighs?? (pic attached)

sisindri
11-06-2012, 12:32 AM
Hi All,

I am a new user googling everywhere to find a solution for my problem. Hopefully i might get a response here. It all started few months ago with a small blister kind of thing. and when i scratched tht, it all developed in this way. :( There is no pain on this white head nor itching. but that white head on that pimple is very hard. CAn someone suggest me a remedy for this please??1415

Dr.Deepak
11-06-2012, 07:51 AM
Hello Kiran Welcome to the forum. This does look like Keratoacanthoma but histologic confirmation is necessary. There are several conditions that resembles and are associated with it, which might just be a benign harmless cutaneous horn to malignant carcinoma, so biopsy is a must. I would suggest you to visit a dermatologist in person so he/she can examine it, confirm the case and treat accordingly.

Dr.Saiyan
11-06-2012, 05:13 PM
If the base of lesion is inflammed or undergoing any changes as well as even if its asymptomatic I would recommend for excisional biopsy to determine the nature of lesion, coz both cutaneous horn or keratoacanthoma have tendency for squamous cell carcinoma. Inflammed base or undergoing any changes may alarm of malignancy.