View Full Version : Blotchy Red Skin (Pictures)

11-02-2012, 04:59 AM
Okay, im not sure what it is, thats why I'm posting it here. I have had this for the last few years truthfully. I'm not sure when it started but it comes and goes every now and them and sometimes is worse and sometimes is better.

So i have red circular and oval blotches on my inner/upper thighs near my scrotum.
Im a 17 y/o male and am not sexually active, nor ever have been.
I have been to afraid to go to a doctor for help. Any advice?


Any insight on what i have would be extremely helpful, thank you.

11-02-2012, 05:56 AM
Welcome to the forum John, thank you for your question and yea you don't need to be frightened, every disease has a solution. I need to ask you few questions..

Do these lesion itch, if yes how severe?
Do you have such lesion on other parts of the body?
Does these lesion completely disappear when they come and go...?
pic is not clear... Do u see any scales now or are they associated with scales when they appears..?
If yes what is the nature of the scales, are the scales limited to pheripheral margin or diffused?
Do these lesion have small vesicles towards the margin of the lesion?
Do they bleed when you scratch it?
Do anyone in your family have similar disease anywhere in the body, do anyone have psoriasis in your family...?

Any other specifics u would like to add which might help you to explain the lesion yourself.... If possible please post a clear picture.

11-02-2012, 03:32 PM
The Lesions do not itch at all.
This is the only place on my body that they appear
Some seem to completely disappear but some seem to just fade and get smaller and sometimes get bigger
No scales as i can tell
No vesicles
I don't really scratch them but they have never bled
No one else has it and no one has psoriasis
The Lesion itself seems to be raised from the skin around it by just a small margin.

11-02-2012, 05:38 PM
The lesion looks like erythrasma to me which is a chronic bacterial infection usually occurring in skin folds and is usually asymptomatic ,sharply demarcated ,slightly scaly reddish-brown patch which can be confused with fungal infection and Intertrigo. Thus doing fungal scraping and wood-light examination help differentiate the lesions, so may need to pay a visit to dermatologist.

Applying antibacterial creams like erythromycin, fusidic acid, clindamycin etc. may help clear the lesion.

11-03-2012, 01:30 PM
Thank you for update John. You don't need to be frightened to go to doctor. This is not any sexually transmitted or sth you should be scared...

It looks like erythrasma, as previously suggested by saiyan. You may apply some antibiotics creams containing fusidic acid, clindamycin etc.. I guess it can be bought over the counter. But it is wise to consult your doctor so he can prescribe the right medication for you.

You don't need to be scared, its common condition..Just make sure to keep the area dry and use some antibacterial soap on regular basis to prevent recurrence.

11-03-2012, 02:17 PM
Thank you both very much for all this information and advice.

11-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Thank you both very much for all this information and advice.

You are welcome John. Do post if you have any questions regarding your skin, we are ready to help you. Don't forget to update on your condition...