PDA

View Full Version : Lice

aliva
07-27-2008, 08:08 PM
Is there any treatment for lice? I have lice in my hair. I had even used prescribed shampoo for lice but the lice came back.

chicque
08-11-2008, 06:35 PM
you can usually find a lot of options for the treatment of live in drugstores. but since you're already using prescribed medications, then maybe you should go back to your doctor.

beatrix_kiddo
01-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Popular choices include real mayonnaise, olive oil, and vaseline. These are usually left on overnight, often under a shower cap, and then washed out the next day. They can be very messy though and have not really been proven to work. Some experts believe that this method 'works' because you actually remove the nits and lice as you try to get this stuff out of the child's hair.

I am sorry to mention this but i have read dog shampoo may help too. :)

Solidone
01-16-2009, 09:13 PM
Lice? Woah haven't had lice since like 1st grade.:D I don't think there that big of a problem to get rid of. I remember when I got them, my mother would just go to the pharmacy and buy me that special shampoo and in a day or two they would all be gone. You just gotta be careful who you hang out with I guess.

Starchild47
02-25-2009, 08:58 AM
We had an issue with head lice here my kids came home with it from school YUCK! My daughters both have long thick hair too which necessitates a lot of combing and mess. I was at my wits end when I found that camphor kills those little nasties. Someone said to use Camphophenique like you use on your cold sores. Well with all their hair I would have gone broke buying that. I had white camphor essential oil though so I added 15 drops of that to 1 ounce of olive oil and treated their hair with that mixture like a hot oil treatment for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
It killed those buggers and quick!
I retreated them in 10 days. We have not had it since then. Before that I had tried all the over the counter things and did all the stuff they recommend and we still had issues with them coming back twice.

vencasand
02-25-2009, 02:04 PM
there is a new lice treatment out there that is homeopathic and has no pesticides. one of it's ingredients is dimethicone. it takes a while to put it on but since there is no pesticides it is safe. now if i could only remember the name! hang on.oh. LiceMd. it smothers the lice.and it is supposed to make your hair silky. also it is supposed to keep lice away for 2 weeks.

Hifza khan
02-12-2010, 05:49 AM
Take 6 teaspoonful of clear water and two teaspoonful of vinegar. Mix these together. In the night, before going to bed, immerse a wad of cotton in it, and then apply this very nicely in the hair. Working more at the roots. Then tie the head with a cloth bandage and go to sleep. Do this twice in a week. This will completely remove the lice from the scalp, and even deter the formation of the dandruff.

chinee
04-12-2010, 12:36 AM
Why dont you use Licealiz shampoo it is really worth effective. You can use this once or twice a week to treat lice. Or you may also try Kwell shampoo. But if you want a home remedy I would suggest you to try putting mayo in the scalp let it stay for an hour. Then rinse then put the vinegar let it stay again for an hour before rinsing. I tried it also before, And it worked.

dale91
06-09-2010, 06:49 AM
Here's a few tips for you:
* Add a few drops of tea tree oil to your shampoo and wash your hair thoroughly. Mix a good quantity of your natural conditioner along with a few drops of tea tree oil and coconut oil. Apply a generous amount of this mixture to your hair and use a fine-toothed lice-comb to comb out the dead lice and nits. If you have long hair, part your hair into sections and then comb out the lice.

* Rinse your hair thoroughly and let it dry naturally. Comb your hair out once more with a lice comb to ensure that your hair is free of lice.

for more tips on how to get rid of lice...visit my blog: http://www.orble.com/follow/12985/?email=1

vencasand
06-09-2010, 02:46 PM
also make sure you wash all your bedding in hot water and get a pesticide to spray your sofas and mattress. lice is so easy to get and hard to get rid of but that licemd really sells at our pharmacy. it is safe to use on 4 yrs olds!