PDA

View Full Version : Need help identifying this (picture)

jen123
10-24-2012, 12:16 AM
Hello everyone -

First time poster here. I wanted to come here for some help as I am a little on edge. A couple months ago (during the sweltering heat of summer) I developed a sort of rash on the very inside of my thighs near my genitals. After some research I thought it was jock itch, as it was kind of itchy and looked like small little hyperpigmented circles of dry skin. I also noticed just a few circles of it also between my breasts. I bought some cream from the store and applied it as directed and it seemed to go away but the pigmentation stayed. I've noticed today that they're back but not really too itchy that I've noticed, just little areas of dryness looking. I'm scared it might be something else. Any suggestions?

Dr.Deepak
10-24-2012, 01:03 PM
As suggested on your previous post, this also looks some kind of fungal infection, possibly pityriasis versicolor. Apply some anti-fungal creams on regular basis, this might go away...If you have a clear closer picture it might help us to see the lesion more clearly and diagnose. Anyway, get a doctor consultation, he/she will perform fungal testing and suggest medications accordingly.

rubyJacksonn
10-30-2012, 09:27 AM
I think it's kind of fungal infection.
Find WebMD's comprehensive coverage of fungal infections including medical reference, news, pictures, videos, and more.