PDA

View Full Version : Worried a bit about this skin.. Thing. Would love some help.

FrederickD
10-01-2012, 08:11 PM
So I developed this skin.. Condition very recently. I shaved my arm, and got into the jacuzzi at my gym, and this started happening. Recently, it has become worse, and turned into the open sores attached to this post.

It's not itchy, and doesn't hurt overmuch, and it may just be a bad case of razor burn, but I figured I'd throw it up on the internet, and see if I got lucky.

Thank you for your time.

PS: I work out a freaking ton (3-6 hours a day) so I understand this could just be repetitive motion tearing + razorburn, and it so, feel free to help allay my fears by confirming.

Dr.Saiyan
10-02-2012, 06:46 AM
Hi
Yes ,its seems like blunt razor injury with thermal burn due to hot steam exacerbated by frictional injury.i would suggest to stop shaving the underarm for few days as well as stop using products like antiperspirant ,deodorant etc. keep the area Dry and clean using mild soap and patting it dry, also apply baby power to avoid the friction in the area. You can also use mild over the counter hydrocortisone cream to alleviate the inflammation. In case of infection you can also use anti fungal or antibacterial preparation.

richardmedbloc
10-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Hello, It can be probably a allergy. You should check that out with your doctor.