PDA

View Full Version : Newbie but need answers

bananahoagie
09-30-2012, 01:56 AM
My daughter age 4 about 3 months ago had 4 kinda skin tag looking marks on her upper back she said they itched and i coverd them with bandaids because like i said they looked like skin tags she finally did it she ripped them off and now she had a bunch on her back. Her doc said looks like ring worm said put lictrum on it and its not doing any thing for them. one small oval kinda looks like really light colored ring worm but the things on her back doesnt look at all like what i have seen with ring worm pictures online any help please... Is it serious i want to make another apointment and have some sort of test other wise then a guess. i uploaded pics i hope they attached so you can view them thanks alot in advance.

Dr.Saiyan
09-30-2012, 03:37 AM
hi danielle!
your daughter seem to have disease condition called molluscum contagiosum of childhood variety which is generally transmitted by skin to skin contact, it can also be self transmitted to other places by scratching so please stop manipulating or scratching the lesions. they are generally pearly white umbilicated papules from which white core can be extruded. the condition is generally self limited but the lesions can be treated by freezing with liquid nitrogen or mechanically removed with sharp currette. creams like imiquimod can also be applied to lesions at bed time 3 times a week and washed in the morning continued for sixteen weeks.
i would personally suggest you to see dermatologist confirm the diagnosis and go further with the treatment.You don not need to worry a lot as the condition is self limited but please try to avoid scratching the lesion to prevent spreading. you may use duct tape occlusion method to cover the lesions and avoid spreading.

Dr.Saiyan
09-30-2012, 03:48 AM
As you said, in the third picture the annular lesions also seems like tinea corporis to me which is a fungal infection of body. applying antifungal medication may help.

Dr.Deepak
10-26-2012, 02:41 PM
How is your daughter now? Any new updates..?