PDA

View Full Version : Does it affect the skin?

aliva
07-25-2008, 08:00 PM
Sun can damage your skin because of UV rays. However, the amount of damage depends on the intensity of UV radiation. Artificial lights too can emit UV rays. Does it affect the skin?

Divyaa
08-26-2008, 11:05 AM
i heard that long exposed to artificial lights does effect the skin..as they also emit small amount UVR.

Tina Chettri
09-05-2008, 05:04 PM
exposure for pronlonged time might cause ..but getting a dermatologist suggestions might be good.

Reena
10-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Artificial light do cause hazard to the skin and eyes of people who remain in close proximity for long periods. It has small amount of UVR in it. Cumulative UVR can cause premature aging and skin cancer.

mimico
10-24-2008, 03:27 AM
I agree, sitting in front of your computer the whole day isn't very healthy for the skin. Not only will your skin look drier, it will also age faster. I have an aunt who works with computer 12 hours a day for almost three years now and she's only 31 but she looks so old and haggard. While her mind and heart are still very healthy, he skin just looks dry and wrinkly.

jeni_fini
11-17-2008, 11:05 AM
I have never thought that the light from the computer can cause skin damage, even a little. This is something that is hardly mentioned. Thanks for the input on this. I wonder if maybe dimming the monitor light will help in this case?