PDA

View Full Version : Itchy rash on thighs and hips

bert682
09-12-2012, 05:36 PM
Hi there

I developed some hive like objects on my feet a few weeks ago and went to see my GP who said it was a stress induced eczema and prescribed me some fucibet cream. It cleared the little bumps in no time at all.

Skip to now and I have a rash on the top of my thighs and its spreading up the back of my hips. Its not the same texture as what my feet where, its more "scabby" than "hived". It does have some circular shapes to it which points me to ringworm however I have been using Clotrimazole cream. It seems to reduce the visual significance of the rash but only temporarily.

Some pictures attached, sorry for the bad quality on a few!

Can anyone confirm my thoughts and recommend even another treatment to try?

Thanks
Rob

pepsimax
09-13-2012, 07:47 AM
Sorry to hear of your problem. Are you in the UK? If you are I would suggest seeing your GP so they can observe it in person and give you a better diagnosis. I do know that eczema and psoriasis can show differently on different parts of the body and from what I have seen of ringworm it doesn't look like that. Although that isn't much help to you I apologise.
We have some doctors here that may better advise you but I am sure they will say a visit to your GP (or dermatologist if you're outside the UK) is in order.