PDA

View Full Version : Itchy little bumps

itchy
09-04-2012, 05:38 AM
I have these little itchy bumps all over my body. maybe not "all over" but in several areas of my body. i have about maybe 4 on my hands, 3 near my wrists, probably 4 on both thighs, some on my lower legs, a few on my torso and like one on my boob. i've read a few articles online with the possibility of it being scabies, but i've gotten the treatment and nothing. my grandma (whom i live with) got tested negative for scabies at the hospital multiple times. my grandma has always had this neurological itch (for a couple of years now) where she's always itchy but there are no bumps or redness on any part of her body. everyone who caregives for her has gotten this itch for the past maybe 3 months or so (but their spouses and family never have anything). i get spontaneous bumps every now and then but nothing too ridiculous where i'm covered in bumps. also, my bumps heal and stop itching after a few days, but like i said, other bumps form (sometimes). i have a history of psoriasis and eczema, but my bumps aren't scaly. any idea what they can be?

i feel like if it were scabies and i've had it for a few months, my body would be covered in bites and rashes. but i don't know anything? i've gotten a few opinions from some RNs, but they also don't think it is scabies.

itchy
09-04-2012, 05:40 AM
also, i have not found any track marks and i've been investigating my skin almost hourly on a daily basis.

pepsimax
09-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Hello and welcome. Is it possible you can post a picture or two to show the members what it looks like which may better help them.
I am not a skin expert but my thought may be something like fleas? Does grandma have or had pets? To me, it seems as if something is 'attacking' you while you are there as if it was anything contagious I am sure family members of those visiting your grandma would also be at risk.
Sit tight. Someone with more experience will be along soon to help.

itchy
09-04-2012, 05:48 PM
We have no pets. I'm not sure if it's just this house or what. I also don't struggle sleeping at night. I sleep fine and dandy!

itchy
09-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Not sure what else it could be. Hopefully it isn't scabies!

pepsimax
09-05-2012, 06:19 AM
I'm not an expert but I am getting more knowledgeable with skin conditions and I can say with confidence it does not look like scabies. They don't also look like flea bites so back to the drawing board.
Do the bumps look like they have fluid in them? I'm not suggesting you do but if you were to burst one would it discharge anything or does it just look more like a raised bump? Psoriasis and eczema show in different ways on different parts of the body so that can't be ruled out yet.
Be patient there are skin experts here that can offer better advice but they are professionals so may be busy, but they will get back to you.

itchy
09-06-2012, 04:53 PM
The only one that looks like its filled with fluid is the one on my hand and I don't want to pop it (but very tempted!) I guess my fear of it being scabies is I get spontaneous bumps wherever I am. I just got one next to one I've had for days last night.