PDA

View Full Version : Skin lightening

dunks22
08-29-2012, 01:01 AM
My skin turn black around my mouth and chin. I was told by my doctor that it was eczema and I was prescribe betnovate cream 0.1%. Most of the black spot went away but not all, so I continue to use the betnovate cream. Now my skin pigmentation has gotten lighter, so I have stop using the cream. Will my skin pigmentation stay the way it is now or will it reverse back to its natural color?

yogagirl
09-25-2012, 03:58 PM
As long as you don't use any harsh skincare products such as exfoliating soaps on that area and always wear sunscreen everyday should help to prevent dark pigmentation.

My skin turn black around my mouth and chin. I was told by my doctor that it was eczema and I was prescribe betnovate cream 0.1%. Most of the black spot went away but not all, so I continue to use the betnovate cream. Now my skin pigmentation has gotten lighter, so I have stop using the cream. Will my skin pigmentation stay the way it is now or will it reverse back to its natural color?

rubyJacksonn
10-17-2012, 08:03 AM
All the mixtures, pastes and scrubs should be prepared freshly as they do not keep for a long time.

* Apply a mixture of equal amounts of lemon juice and honey on the face and whole body. Leave it for 15 minutes and wash off.
* Apply a mixture of equal amounts of lemon and cucumber juice on the face and whole body. Leave it for 15 minutes and wash off. If your skin is dry, use honey and lemon juice.
* First scrub your face with cucumber slices and then apply cucumber juice (with skin on cucumber) to your face, leave it there overnight and wash in the morning.
* Apply a gram flour (besan) and turmeric or haldi paste on face and neck. After sometime when it dries, scrub it off gently. This would gradually reduce body hair over a period of time.
* For 15 days, apply a paste of gram flour (besan), milk (2 teaspoon) and lime juice(3-4 drops) on face and neck for 15 minutes and wash with water. You complexion should improve. Repeat every 2 weeks

pepsimax
10-17-2012, 08:40 AM

Hello Stacy. I had a similar problem so I can offer some advice that helped me. The damage is probably not permanent but for a while you only want to use natural products to give your skin time to heal. Ideally you want to use something like shea butter as a moisturiser. It is ideal for eczema, scars and other skin conditions/imperfections as it contains all the vitamins our skin needs.
I would highly suggest unrefined shea butter (can be bought on ebay - if you're in the UK I can put you in touch with my supplier) as it isn't stripped of its goodness and doesn't smell like commercial products do (which puts people off using it).
If you need advice on the best way to store and use it or combining it with other products to enhance the benefits, search the forum (search box in upper right corner) or members here that use it can advise.
I hope this helps.