PDA

View Full Version : latest update

skinquestions
08-27-2012, 05:04 PM
well, great news-it seems that the igd is clearing up! my thighs have just about completely cleared up, as u can see by the hyperpigmentation. its getting better on my shins and feet too where it seems the ich is. im hoping it continues. the medicated cream seems to be working. it is still the same around my vagina and lower back though. my breasts seem to be getting dryer skin, but at least it is clearing up! my skin is really itchy though a lot of times.

http://www.dermatalk.com/album.php?albumid=36

Dr.Deepak
08-30-2012, 09:11 AM
Good to see that its improving... anyway ur skin seems very dry.. try to apply some emollients and moisturizers to maintain moisture in your skin which will inturn reduce your itching ( dryness seems to be the causative factor for ur itching) . Also avoid hot showers..have you taken any anti-itch medications..? Taking one might help..

skinquestions
08-30-2012, 11:55 AM
hi. thanks! yes, my skin is very dry. what would be some great emollients and moisturizers that you would recommend? ive been taking benedryl, but that doesnt seem to be helping with the itching. any suggestions?

Sabina
08-31-2012, 06:28 AM
I don't understand anything about your disease but yes your skin looks dry. Try avoiding excessive baths and hot water. Using cream based moisturizers may be good like Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream or Nivea or any other.. but be sure to look for fragrance free and hypo-allergic products. The disease looks very troublesome for you, although i can't do anything, i'll pray for your early recovery.