PDA

View Full Version : Sticky hair and dry face

Anamica
07-22-2008, 06:45 PM
Due to excessive humidity in the weather, my hairs get sticky even after a few minutes of shampooing. Same is the case with my face too. My face gets dry whenever I wash it with soap or face wash and I have to apply lotion or moisturiser on my face. As a result, my face gets sticky and sweaty. Due to this problem I, forever, have pimples on my skin. What is the solution?

mimico
07-23-2008, 04:22 AM
Uh oh. What a tough situation to be in! For your hair, don't apply conditioner after shampooing. If you tend to use hair products as well, stop using those for now. Product build up may cause your scalp to get oily which is why you have oily hair all the time. You might also want to look into changing your shampoo. I've never seen shampoo formulated for oily hair, but perhaps it's your current shampoo that's problematic. If none of this works, then go and see an expert about it. I'm sure they'll give you a consultation for free. They might try to sell you some of their products or treatments, but you can always say no, right? :) At least you know how to deal with your hair.

aliva
07-27-2008, 07:35 PM
There are 3 types of hairs – oily, dry and normal. The hair which is sticky after shampooing, then it is treated as oily and so to say in your case. A daily washing of hair using a good shampoo designed for oily hair will help you. Do not apply conditioner at all because sebum will take care of it. If you’re interested for home remedy, prepare a mixture of a tablespoon of malt vinegar, a glass and 3 drops of patchouli essential oil. Massage on your scalp and leave on for an hour before rinsing with cool water. Do it twice a week. It is great for oily hair. Alternatively, you can add a few drops of patchouli oil to your shampoo if you are unable to make your own toning lotion.
For skin, I guess your skin might have reacted to the moisturizer that you are using. Discontinue that particular brand and choose something more appropriate to you skin type. Apply natural moisturizer to your face. But first get your skin exfoliated as build-up of dead skin cells can give a leathery look.

chicque
08-11-2008, 06:37 PM
try using a lighter moisturizer that's non-comodogenic and has salicylic acid in it. as for shampoo, use one that's formulated for oily hair!

Anamica
09-06-2008, 04:19 AM
oh thank you for your suggestion..