PDA

View Full Version : Computer rays bad for the skin?

mimico
07-22-2008, 01:29 AM
I met my mom's friend in the mall yesterday and even though she's a lot younger than my mom, she has way more wrinkles! Ever the straightforward girl that I am, I pointed this out and asked her what she did to get all those lines. She chuckled and told me that she's online 12 hours a day as part of her work! I wasn't sure if she's joking or if it's a half-truth, but can the computer really ruin our skin? If so, what can we do to prevent this without having to give up going on line?

chicque
08-10-2008, 01:29 PM
i've never actually heard of this before..but maybe its because since she's on the computer 12 hours a day, and i'm guessing she uses anorther 6-8 hours of a day to do other personal tasks..she might not get any sleep and her body thinks its stress & that makes her look older than she is. but that's just my theory.

AMemoryFaded
09-07-2008, 06:34 AM
I think what she meant was that she spends too much time at the computer, rather than relaxing and getting plenty of sleep. -shrug- It happens.

Elvis37
09-07-2008, 06:06 PM
yea this might be due to lack of sleep

Desmodu87
09-23-2008, 06:10 AM
yea this might be due to lack of sleep

lol true, I think that plays a big role in it too.

I remember a study being done about the florescent lights and the effects that it has on humans.

I believe the conclusion was that it throws off the natural rhythm of the human body somehow.

Don't ask me for a source said that I'm barely awake :p

All I'm saying is that I'm sure that being in front of a computer screen is not the healthiest thing we could be doing.

Get outside people!!! :rolleyes: