PDA

View Full Version : Red Bums forming in the corner of my eyes ?

frank2bones
08-17-2012, 04:10 PM

I recently formed these red dot / rash's around my eye. My left eye has kind of cleared up but my right eye is getting worse it seem's like.

I have to wait a month before I can get into a dermatologist in the area & these are somethings I can note that might be an effect ?

1. Working on my truck, had some rust & dirt fall in to my eyes ?

2. When @ work I hook a radio up to my forklift & there is corrosion on the battery a lot and did not know if I touched it and maybe rubbed my eye ?

3. Allergies ?

Trying to get an Idea of what it might be.

Dr.Deepak
08-19-2012, 04:54 AM
Yup could be allergic contact dermatitis. It may result from chemical in the air or direct contact with your skin. Where exactly u work, it might be related to your work. Do they itch..? Nickel is considered as most common causative agent for ACD, remember if u have allergy to nickel ( batteries). Try to avoid dust and rust as possible, wear some protective stuffs ( hats, Sunglasses)..if its severe and itchy u may get anti-itch creams and low potent steroids cream...(try to avoid steroid cream around eyes)

pepsimax
08-19-2012, 06:10 AM
Deepak is the expert but I agree as it looks like a rash I had in the same area. Its no doubt caused by something you've touched so avoid touching your face unless you've cleaned your hands. Maybe carry around some cleansing wipes to prevent a repeat.
I had to resort to a mild steroid cream to clear mine but as Deepak said this is not a good idea so try and avoid this.

amandab123
09-29-2012, 03:16 AM
How did you get rid of your rash?

pepsimax
09-29-2012, 09:55 AM
How did you get rid of your rash?

Do you have a similar rash? I had one like this a while ago and initially was encouraged to avoid touching the area and it should heal itself. Mine started to spread so I was given some steroid cream but I had it drilled into me that only a tiny bit must be applied due to the area it is being used. I applied the cream for around 4 days and it had gone. I then stopped using the cream but held onto it for a week in case it returned. It didn't. Mine was possibly due to a reaction from my house bunny's fur. So like was already stated this is usually caused by coming into contact with something.
Need any more help feel free to ask.