PDA

View Full Version : Help me please :(

Santanaj
07-30-2012, 03:44 PM
Hello, first time posting, but basically I've had this little spots around for years but now its spread a lot over the years, its basically cover my entire back and is spreading down my arm and up my neck it seems. I am not exactly sure what it is, I don't think its vitiligo from the pictures i've seen of it. But it may be a less severe ? I am not sure, and basically getting depressed with the thought that i won't be able to stop it. So if anyone can give me insight on what it may be and if there is anything i can do to return my skin color back it would be much appreciated.

albaallen
07-30-2012, 09:19 PM
Have you visit the doctor?

Santanaj
07-30-2012, 10:17 PM
initially i went to one before my insurance stopped, they gave me a cream that was supposed to help but didn't do much
added a few more pictures that might be helpful. I am thinking its melasma but not sure.

Dr.Deepak
07-31-2012, 02:46 PM
Its a Tinea versicolor, yeast infection... You may use some shampoo containing selenium sulfide (Selsun), ketoconazole (Nizoral) 3 times a week for few weeks. See if that works, if it doesn't, u may need to take oral anti-fungal medication, for that u need to consult dermatologist. You may also apply anti-fungal cream containing miconazole, clotrimazole, or terbinafine....Also protect your skin from sun and hot climate,it tends to return during hot and humid climate.

AdinaP
07-31-2012, 03:13 PM
On your condition I recommend you a deramatolgyst. I'm not sure that this is really a Tinea Versicolor but anyway, go and ask for a dermatolgyst advice. Take care!

Anne
08-01-2012, 07:39 PM
Dont waste time browsing because nothing helps...plz see a dermatologist