PDA

View Full Version : Can someone identify this rash?

crazygribble
07-25-2012, 02:32 AM
Hello every 1. This is my first post so yes i am new to this forum. I had this rash for almost 2 years now. i dont have health insurance so thats why i cant see a private doctor atm. I been over in the Emergency room 3 times now. First they claim that it is a bacterial growth on my skin. They prescribe some kind of cream that did nothing for the rash. The second time the doctor tryed to say i was having a allergic reaction to Penicillin that i was taking for my mouth. I stop taking the cillin and 3 months later i still have this rash. I just came back from the Er room again and now the doctor is saying its a ring worm which i highly doubt. Any ways here are the pictures. I really would appreciate if some one can help me find out what kind of rash it is. When i expose it to sunlight it seems to flare up and get really red. It dont really itch but it does make my body a little hot. Tomorrow morning im going to try to find a free clinic but i doubt they will do any thing for me. Thanks every one.

Dr.Deepak
07-25-2012, 03:54 AM
Yup this does look like yeast infection (Pityriasis versicolor or Tinea Versicolor) to me.Other condition that may mimic such is vitiligo. You may try anti-fungal medications containing Terbinafine,Clotrimazole, ketoconazole,selenium (Lamisil,Mycelex, Selsun or Nizoral). Its has already covered much area so u may still need to visit dermatologist and get it treated or perform woodlight examination or other fungal test rule out other possibilities like vitiligo. Anyway you are visiting a doctor, let us know about the progress and results.

crazygribble
07-25-2012, 04:17 AM
I sure will let every one know how it goes. I also have a very bad odor in my nose that lasted almost 2 years to :(