PDA

View Full Version : Is this rosacea?

John1981
07-23-2012, 02:58 PM
Hi everyone,

Im hoping someone can help because my doctor isn't! I have had a rash for over a year now. I have tried antibiotics and steroid cream but it just isn't going away. It started on the side of my stomach but it has slowly moved round to my back. It's ever so slightly raised and changes colour from pinkish to reddish sometimes. Some of them look like little circles. It's not itchy or painful but it is stopping me from going swimming or taking my top off in public.

My doctor said he will refer me to a dermatologist but who knows how long that will take! Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated! :-)

John

John1981
07-23-2012, 03:00 PM
Ps: once the rash has gone from one area, it leaves my skin there paler than the rest of my skin.

skinlover
07-23-2012, 05:47 PM
hey there, post some photos and maybe Deepak, the site founder, can help you, best wishes x

Dr.Deepak
07-24-2012, 01:40 AM
Could you post pics. May be we could come to some conclusion..

John1981
07-24-2012, 10:47 AM

Hi I hope this has worked, Thanks :-)

Dr.Saiyan
07-24-2012, 12:19 PM
hi John!
seems like Pityriasis versicolor or tenia versicolor to me,caused by the overgrowth of yeast called Malassezia furfur that normally live on the skin of most adults. A simple fungal testing on glass slide may help to confirm the diagnosis. After the diagnosis is confirmed OTC antifungal medication like topical selenium sulfide shampoo 1% (Selsun Blue) or 1% ketoconazole shampoo (Nizoral) applying for 15 minutes twice a week for two to four weeks can be helpful.

Most importantly do not cover the areas but keep it dry,clean and exposed to reduce the growth of fungus.