PDA

View Full Version : Dark circles around my eyes

Sandra
07-20-2008, 01:45 PM
My skin texture is unblemished and glowing. But a dark circle under my eyes eclipses my beauty. Is it due to continuous staring at computer screen for 8 hours or lack of proper sleep?

Dr.Deepak
07-20-2008, 03:41 PM
Actually working for hours on computer and disturbed sleep - both can aggravate under eye dark circles. Try to take short breaks in between. Wash your eyes 3-4 times in between the work. Take balanced diet. Massage your eyes with few drops of almond oil using ring finger. You can also try some home remedies like putting grated potatoes on the eyes for 20 min. and relax.

You can also use cucumber or tea-bags to get the soothing effect.

If your problem still persists you can start using any under eye dark circle cream containing AHA. You can also go to a cosmetic clinic and they may assist you more..

aliva
07-24-2008, 08:58 PM
Dark circles are a result of thinning skin under your eyes. This condition is usually hereditary, but can be aggravated by lack of sleep, allergies, pollution and even constant use of contact lenses. Because there is no bone directly supporting this skin and it’s so delicate, it often darkens as you age even without the above problems. This area is also often overworked especially as we tend to rub tired or irritated eyes.

Lightening agents contacting natural ingredients like vitamin C, berberry acid and arbutin may be sparingly used on these areas at bedtime. Maintain a regular lifestyle with frequent meals, regular exercise and an adequate water intake. Taking supplements containing iron, vitamin C and anti-oxidants definitely add a benefit to your problem.

MasqueFreak
09-24-2008, 04:37 AM
Lightening agents contacting natural ingredients like vitamin C, berberry acid and arbutin may be sparingly used on these areas at bedtime.

Yeah Vit C is helping but it still doesn't eliminate my dark eye circles. The most efficient way to cover dark eye circle is still my concealer:( In fact I have also been using lemon extract to sort of bleach the skin in this area but it is still the same.

mimico
11-05-2008, 12:57 PM
Oooh staring at the computer can cause dark circles under the eye?! I didn't know this!!! Boohoohoo!!! I spend around 10 hours a day on the computer, and it's not even work-related! No wonder I can't get rid of my dark circles even when I get more than 10 hours a sleep per day! Shux!

boron
11-06-2008, 07:08 AM
Dark skin under eyes is due to vessels (or more exactly - blood in vessels) under the skin. When circulation in those veins is increased, dark circles become more prominent. It would help, if you say when you've noticed these circles and how they change during the day. Does it help when you're on holidays, off from computer?

So, it is not really the dark skin, and trying to bleach the skin won't help.

How to make skin more thick - I don't know. To prevent additional thinning avoid any make-up, corticosteroid creams or eyedrops.
How to make more fat under the skin? Hard to say, but as said "balanced" and I'd say regular and sufficient diet won't hurt.
How to reduce circulation around the eyes? - you guessed it: computer, sleeping. Have a glass of water on the reach of the hand. When you're de-hydrated, circulation speeds up, and when you're hydrated and in peace it calms down.

Ashu
07-21-2009, 06:04 PM
massaging the eye area with natural lightening products like almond oil,coconut oil cold milk might work . Besides these raw cucumber,potato and almond paste are also good natural skin lightener.

jstevenson
07-21-2009, 08:26 PM
In my experience both lack of sleep and sitting in front of a computer cause this.

sheri
08-04-2009, 04:33 AM
My problem of dark circles is a hereditary one and so I thought there is no solution to it. One of my friends suggested using EyeRevive. During the first phase of use, I was not too confident of the outcome, but just thought I would give it a wild try. Wow!!!! Great results I got!!! Simply amazing!!! Iíve bícum a fan of that cream now. My dark circles have reduced greatly and hence my appearance has also changed. This is one of the best creams Iíve ever used.

VANYA
09-12-2009, 11:37 PM
How To Get Rid of Dark Circles: Tips

1. Use eye cream: Apply eye cream that is made specifically for dark circles twice a day. Once in the morning and again in the evening before putting on essence. Spread the cream with loosened fingers gently. (Pressing too hard around your eye areas will cause wrinkles).
2. Keep the eye areas moist with an eye patch or mask: If your skin is too dry around the eye areas, dark circles become prominent. Once a week, provide enough moisture and nutrition using an eye patch or eye mask/pack. It will be even better to use an eye patch or eye mask that includes whitening ingredients like VitaminC.

3. Prevent pigmentation with careful cleansing: We put on mascara, eye shadow and other cosmetics around the eye area. Itís always best for the skin around the eyes to be completely clean. If possible, wipe off all makeup gently using an oil type makeup remover specifically made for eye area.

4. Use a concealer to cover: If your dark circles are genetic, cover the areas under your eyes with a concealer made for dark circle purposes. Use a sponge or the tip of your fingers to minimize irritation.
5. Do the opposite of whatever is causing your dark circles: Letís face it, most of us know why dark circles are appearing under our eyes. Mine are from lack of sleep, so my priority would be to sleep earlier. If you are not drinking enough water, take in more fluids. Remember all those 8 glasses a day commercials? Maybe youíre currently involved in something that is affecting your daily habits and schedules. Figure out what it is your body is having difficulty dealing with and get it back on track.

catherine
11-23-2009, 07:53 AM
It may be due to dehydration, so drinking more water might help.

stellah57
11-26-2009, 09:01 AM
I think it deals with blood circulation. try to get some rest, and eat more green leafy vegetables. This method works fine on me :)

vito
01-25-2010, 09:28 PM
Doing 10minutes pressure point massage on the face helps for me ;-)

catherine
01-31-2010, 06:00 PM
Doing 10minutes pressure point massage on the face helps for me ;-)

yes, that seems to be a good idea.

Melan O. Tan
02-09-2010, 12:12 PM
In the morning, wash your face with cold water to help blood vessels constrict. Then, apply an eye cream that contains Retinol and vitamin K. Though it may take months to see results.

Try applying cucumber slices, damp caffeinated tea bags, or an ice cube wrapped in a soft cloths for 10-15 min every day if you want an all-natural way to get rid of dark circles. However, if it doesn't work, discontinue using it and consult in a dermatologist.

dale91
02-24-2010, 07:37 AM
My skin texture is unblemished and glowing. But a dark circle under my eyes eclipses my beauty. Is it due to continuous staring at computer screen for 8 hours or lack of proper sleep?

Hi Sandra, its BOTH...lack of sleep and too much staring...you may want to relax your eyes after an hour of staring on the PC..maybe close it for 5 mins :) or check out products that may suit you on the internet via eyecreamreviews... also try my simple tips:
1. cold teabag = gently apply around the eyes (careful that it wont get into the eyes) then leave on for a 10mins then rinse off with lukewarm water..The "tannin" in the tea is a great exfoliant to skin...works great..

2. Milk + honey = use cold milk, do the same procedure as the teabag...works well too..

3. lots of water and sleep...

PatDole
08-20-2012, 12:54 PM

Lack of proper sleep is the most likely cause. Try to get that 8 hours of sleep. Before you go to sleep drink a full glass of water. To see other causes of dark circles under eyes read my article: what causes dark circles under eyes . You will find the information you are looking for. You can find more about dark circles under the eyes on my website.

Regards,
Patrizio Dole

vjykmr89
10-02-2012, 05:08 AM
Make up concealer will do. Elf concealer is only a dollar at target. Use a lighter shade, Or you can use any type of foundation (liquid or powder) put in under your eye and put it on your top lid for flawless skin tone. Make sure the foundation is the same skin tone as you!

rubyJacksonn
10-04-2012, 09:35 AM
keep chilled cucumber slices on your eyes or soak chamomile teabags and place on/under your eyes. the dark circles will be gone. guaranteed.
also get MIN 7 hours of sleep

breonnajackson
10-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Dark rings can be a sign of an iron deficiency anaemia. This is a terribly common problem ? anaemia is the most common nutritional problem in the world ? but is easily treated in the majority of cases by eating the right foods.

Anaemia is a sign that not enough oxygen is getting to the body tissues. There are several types of anaemia, but iron deficiency is the most common.

Our bodies need iron to manufacture haemoglobin, the red pigment which carries oxygen to the cells. Dark circles alone do not indicate anaemia, you will also suffer from constant tiredness, headaches, dizziness, shortness of breath, poor memory, frequent colds and infections, and pale skin.

It?s something that generally affects women more than men - partly because of the menstrual cycle. But it?s also because eating red meat, one of the richest sources of iron, is somewhat unfashionable ? red meat is thought to be ?bad? for your heart and bowels.

In fact, if the meat is lean and good quality, it can be a perfectly healthy food and I still eat it. At this time of year my body starts to crave it - as if it knows it needs plenty of iron to help keep up with the busy demands of motherhood.

If you suspect you are iron deficient see your GP for a simple blood test and to eliminate other potential causes of anaemia such as an ulcer.

If you do lack iron, you might be prescribed iron supplements. It?s also a good idea to look at boosting your iron intake.

The best sources of iron are liver (although it is not recommended during pregnancy), lean red meat including venison, egg yolks, dried and tinned beans including baked beans, lentils and chickpeas (hummus is perfect).

Other good sources include soya mince, seaweed, fortified breakfast cereals, seeds such as pumpkin and sunflower, dark green leafy vegetables such as Savoy cabbage, dried apricots, figs, oatmeal, prunes, broccoli, asparagus, wholemeal bread and brown rice.

Unfortunately, the body doesn?t readily absorb iron from non-meat sources, but vitamin C will help.

The secret is to eat vitamin C-rich foods in the same meal - this means vegetables that are as fresh and as lightly cooked as possible, especially peppers, kale, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, mangetout and broccoli, and fruits such as kiwis, blueberries, blackcurrants, papaya, oranges and mangoes.

Note that the tannin in tea inhibits the absorption of iron, so avoid having tea with a meal and for a good hour before and after.

Some people say that dark circles are a sign of food intolerance. But while food intolerance can explain some conditions - such as eczema and IBS - dark rings is not one of them.

If you?ve had these dark rings for years, it could be that age rather than diet is the cause. As we get older our skin becomes thinner. To some degree this process is controlled by our genes and family patterns, but it?s also influenced by things that damage the skin, such as smoking.

micheljohn
10-09-2012, 06:19 AM
Many peoples are facing dark circles problem.there can be any cause for dark circles like poor diet,sleep disorder,prevent your skin from direct sun light and use a effective sun screen cream to reduce dark circles.

barbaramed3
11-20-2012, 10:15 AM
You should have to sleep 7-9 hours per night. Also, eating a healthy, balanced diet, take vitamins, and drink plenty of water helps. You can also take help with Cosmetic treatment but before use these cosmetics check their reviews and other things as well.

claire87john
12-06-2012, 10:07 AM
I use eyelastin eye cream, it doesn't have

- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan

skin care
12-10-2012, 10:09 AM
I think to remove dark circle from the eyes cucumber is best for that. Put slice of cucumber on your eyes and relaxed for 15-20 minutes. This really helpful for decreasing your darkness and you feel very fresh.

hilldon
12-11-2012, 09:43 PM

This is totally the reason why you have this dark circles around your eyes, lack of sleep is one of the main factors of this problems

clintoncerejo
12-19-2012, 09:38 AM
I'll suggest you to take full sleep & avoid late night net surfing. If you can't then why don't you come our Wederm dermatology centre in Florida, USA.

JohnTukker
12-20-2012, 10:22 AM
Dark circles are either hereditary by exposure to the sun, irregular lifestyle habits and hectic schedules. use a effective cream that will draw up a suitable regime for you so that your eyes remain sparkling fresh for as long, vitamin K and c will also help you. **** products also has effective products that work in harmony with the treatment to enhance the results. These are one of the best Products I have ever used.

aramintaroxana
08-07-2013, 07:25 AM
It is causes due to lack of sleep and mostly setting in-front of computer. You should try cucumber juice apply it at night and wash at morning. or use potatoes mash it and apply the juice on your dark circle, it will definitely helpful to remove dark circle.

evlinsymon
08-07-2013, 09:10 AM
First of all, You need 8 hours of sleep. And then try some home remedies like you can use cucumber slice, chilled spoon and tea bags are also very effective for dark circles.

Emma Brown
08-08-2013, 09:36 AM
Soak tea bags (use Chamomile) for a few minutes but make sure that the bags are cold. Chamomile is a natural "relaxer". Place the bags under your eyes (obviously close your eyes), and leave for about 15 minutes or so.

I've even heard that cutting potato slices small enough to cover eyes, soaked in chamomile tea for 5 minutes, and then smothered in honey works too. I tried this once, and it did help with bags and color under my eyes from lack of sleep the previous night.

rechal
08-21-2013, 04:03 AM
Essential oil is one of the popular way of treating dark circles .Steaming your face with rose or sandalwood oil, diluted in water will definitely help you reduce your dark circles. You may add 1 -2 drops of essential oil to your cream and apply. This may also reduce your dark circle.

anneyauster
09-06-2013, 09:15 AM
Daily exercise, along with deep breathing, helps blood circulation, oxygenation and control of stress. Adequate sleep and relaxation are very important.
Gentle movements and a light touch are essential while handling the area, to remove make up or apply creams. It is better not to massage the area, so that the skin does not get pulled or stretched in any way.
Any massage of the area should be done during a professional facial, so that correct techniques are employed. A cleansing gel or cream should be used to remove make-up, using moist cotton wool. Gels and creams help to dissolve make up and grime and thus facilitate their removal.

evlinsymon
10-09-2013, 05:48 AM
First of all you need to take proper sleep. And apply any best eye cream for dark circles containing vitamin K and argiline. Dark circles may be caused by a deficiency of vitamin K. Regardless of the cause, however, skin creams containing these two ingredients reduce puffiness and discoloration significantly in many people. Long-term daily use seems to have the greatest effect.

Xavier
11-11-2013, 11:22 AM
There are many causes of dark circles under your eyes. One of the most common are allergies of some kind. Lack of sleep and poor nutrition can also cause them.To get rid of these circles, drink lots of water to hydrate yourself. And buy a great concealer!

meomeo2005
11-17-2013, 12:14 PM
In the morning, wash your face with cold water to help blood vessels constrict. Then, apply an eye cream that contains Retinol and vitamin K. Though it may take months to see results.

Try applying cucumber slices, damp caffeinated tea bags, or an ice cube wrapped in a soft cloths for 10-15 min every day if you want an all-natural way to get rid of dark circles. However, if it doesn't work, discontinue using it and consult in a dermatologist.

kevinkrieger
11-30-2013, 11:26 AM
Take an interval for 5 minutes while working on computer in between 1 hour .You can apply a cold, used tea bag to your eyes.

Salsa
02-25-2014, 07:25 PM
Try a yogurt mask...use a thicker plain greek yogurt on a wet cloth. Leave it on for about 10 minutes. It's very soothing and cooling...and the lactic acid in the yogurt is a mild exfoliant so it leaves the eye area brighter and lighter.

Salsa
02-25-2014, 07:43 PM
I also spend many hours in front of a computer every day...an 'addiction' I'd like to break. I find my whole head aches, my eyes are tired and red looking by the end of the day. The idea of massage for my scalp and around my eyes is insanely appealing, so I'm looking at a device that uses air-pressure (so I think it must use the principles of acu-pressure), and also gently heats and vibrates the tension away. It's CE and RoHS approved, which I think is important when using home self-care tools like this. It's available on a website called Pleasingcare dot com, along with some other good tips on skin care and eye care.

Terry
03-04-2014, 10:41 AM
Lack of sleeping, stress, some diseases or it may be due to some hereditary problem. Avoid these if possible.

Emma Brown
04-03-2014, 07:59 AM
Well ,if you are facing the same problem like I did. Then i really want to share the idea which I used to solve the same problem. I used to wash my face before going to bed and after it I prefer to put a mask of yogurt and turmeric on my face and after rising it off with cold water I put the ******** Anti-aging cream which helped me to diminish the dark circles around my eyes

Emily Kristina
04-23-2014, 08:20 AM
Dear, dark circles occur when we take improper diet, stake stress, sitting in front of computer for long hours, allergies. Cucumber is the best remedy to treat dark circles. Place chilled cucumbers on your eyes for 15 minutes twice a day and also eat more fruits and vegetables. You need to show patience for better results.

mariawatson
11-14-2014, 06:58 AM
My puffiness around eyes has almost gone with Sakare Eye care. I apply both their eye cream and eye serum on a daily basis. They keep my sensitive areas around eyes perfectly moisturized and nourished. They don’t even cause any irritation and help me look fresh even in the evening after working all day long.

pamela
01-22-2015, 11:01 AM
Thanks to Sakare Eye Serum and Eye cream, my eyes feel much better. My dark circles are going and they look fresh now. I have almost forgotten what puffiness is! My friends who apply other eye creams keep telling me that after applying their creams they feel heavy around eyes. Due to this they keep running to the washroom to first wash their eyes and then again apply the cream to moisturize them. Wao! I am away from all that mess. :)

charles12terry
01-24-2015, 06:06 AM
You have to take proper care of your eyes.

airuixi123
01-27-2015, 02:52 AM
black cycles is common eye problems, it's probably for lack of rest and starring long time at computer. but we can use some skincare products to prevent it. i had the problems before, so how about trying this ACYMER REFRESHING EYE LOTION, which can promote circulation around the eyes, relieve eye fatigue, reduce the appearance of dark circles and puffiness, and moisturizes the sensitive areas around the eye.

William Smith
06-19-2015, 08:40 AM
Definitely....sitting continuously on computer screen may cause dark circles around eyes.

andrestrang
12-08-2016, 03:50 AM
I have the same problem. I have to use laptop for long hours. Yesterday, I used it for 12 hours, and I do not have time to stand up and relax. And I have to stay up late to finish my work. How can I prevent the dark circles? I have to do my work :(((( I am lost in this thing

seaton
09-18-2017, 12:22 PM
Puffiness gone down and slowly noticing the fading of deep fine line under my eye..... Love the smell........Works wonderful and makes my skin feel tighter.............thanks dermalmd

Shizakhan
11-14-2017, 07:24 AM
Dip cotton pads in this mixture and place on the eyes for 20 minutes, this well help in reducing the swelling around the eyes. 4. Cucumber relief: Cucumbers are a fantastic natural remedy to get rid of under eye puffiness. Take 2 slices of fresh refrigerated cucumber and place it on your eyes for 25 minutes.

Pinkwords
02-20-2018, 02:58 PM
For dark circles, my advice is to sleep early and do some eye mask at home.I do go for treatment once a while to target the problem - can try radium aesthetics Some DIY methods are - put cold cucumber or tea bags over the eyes for 15mins, take some vitamins for eyesAlways apply cream before sleep (i used different types of brands, laneign, clarins)=D

paulalexander
03-27-2018, 11:59 AM
Common causes of dark circles

1. Allergy to products, like ingredients of make-up, hair dyes, some medicated applications like eye drops, and facial creams.

2. Repeated rubbing and scratching the delicate skin around the eyes can eventually lead to a brown discoloration around the eye.

3. In a certain subset of people, the problem of undereye bags and pigmentation around the eyes runs in the family. They get worse with sun exposure.

4. Improper sleep exacerbates the problem.

5. Stress (physical or mental) is a major killer of healthy glowing skin. Stress can be a major factor that contributes to your eyes looking tired.

6. Iron deficiency can also lead to pigmentation around the eyes.

7. Smoking increases free radicals in the skin resulting in puffy eyes.

Home remedies to remove dark circles

Cold cucumber slices

Cucumbers contain antioxidants that can reduce puffiness around the eyes. As a natural astringent and a coolant, cucumber causes the skin tissues to contract. This makes ender-eye circles less prominent. Place finely cut cucumber slices on each eyelid. Leave it on for 5 minutes and rinse.

Cold tea bags

The caffeine present in tea bags shrinks blood vessels and reduces fluid retention in tissues. This makes the skin around your eyes look vibrant and glowing. Cold tea bags cause skin tissues to shrink, leaving your eyes looking less puffy. Take two already soaked tea bags and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Remove and place them on each eye for 5 -10 minutes. Rinse with cold water and repeat 1-3 times a day to see effective results.
Mint leaves

Mint leaves contain menthol that improves blood circulation and soothes and rejuvenates skin. It is natural astringent and contracts the blood vessels around the eyes, reducing the blue tint. The vitamin C in mint makes the skin around the eyes appear brighter. Make your own mask at home by blending mint leaves and applying them on the affected area. Leave it for 10 minutes before rinsing.
Milk

Milk contains vitamins A and B6, which help build new skin cells. The vitamin B12 in milk naturally lightens dark skin. The selenium in milk protects skin from harmful free radicals and sun damage. Just soak two cotton pads in cold milk and squeeze out excess. Place the cotton pads on the eyes covering the dark circles. Leave it for 20 minutes and rinse with cold water. Repeat thrice a week.
Aloe vera

Aloe vera is an effective moisturiser and has anti-inflammatory properties. Clean the under eye area with moist cotton and apply massage aloe vera pulp under the eyes for 10 minutes. You donít need to rinse unless you find it sticky.
Rose water and whole milk

Rose water is great for those with sensitive skin. Take two teaspoons of milk and mix it 1 teaspoon of whole milk. Soak two cotton pads in the mixture and cover your eye area with it for 20 minutes. Wash with normal water.
Potato

Potato contains natural bleaching property that can help to lighten your skin under your eyes as well as prevent puffiness around your eyes. Take chilled potatoes and grate them. Extract the juice in a bowl and soak cotton pads for a minute. Place them on your eyes for 20 minutes and wash off with normal water.
Turmeric and mint leaves

Turmeric is known to rejuvenate tired and sagging skin. In a blender, puree mint leaves and strain to extract the juice. Add ľ teaspoon of turmeric to the juice. Apply the mixture to the affected area and leave it on for 20 minutes. Allow it to dry and wash with cold water.
Coconut oil

Coconut oil is extremely moisturising and contains vitamin E and antioxidants that help repair damaged skin cells and dryness. It also is rich in lactic acid that tightens skin. Before going to bed, apply extra virgin oil on clean under-eye skin. Massage gently in clockwise and anti-clockwise direction for a few minutes. Leave it overnight.
Almond oil and lemon juice

Mix one teaspoon of almond oil with a few drops of lemon juice. Massage the mixture around your eyes for 2 minutes. Leave it on for 10 minutes. Rinse.
Argan oil

The vitamin E and tocopherols in argan oil replenish moisture in skin cells and reduce wrinkles by repairing the skinís hydro-lipid layer. It also reduces fine lines and reduces the damage caused by sun. Gently massage a few drops under eyes for a few minutes before sleeping. Leave it overnight and rinse in the morning.
Tomato

Tomatoes are natural bleaching agents. They contain antioxidants that reduce discolouration around the eyes. Try this potent home remedy to banish dark circles: Extract tomato juice and mix Ĺ tsp of lemon juice and 2 tsp of gram flour to it. Apply the paste under the eyes and leave for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off with cold water.

There are lots of medicated ways also from which we can get relief, i have got some meds on mygenericpharmacy.com

illeana
10-08-2018, 06:05 AM
Try to get a good sleep and drink plenty of water. My work is also tiring and daily have to use computer for 10 hours for my work. I use green tea bags and aloe Vera gel under my eyes to get it the calmness.

Daniela
10-13-2018, 10:35 AM
Dark circles are often cause by toxins. You may need to detoxify your body to have better results. Also focus on healthy diet, as bad look of your skin is a result of poisoning your body. It works the same with products - they must be natural. So put healthy things inside and outside. If you have sensitive skin, and we know the skin under the eye is the most sensitive one, start with oil (the one you like most). one drop under each eye. Do small circles from nose to ear direction (don't pull your skin). If there is no irritation try serum. Serum will give you much faster effect and can bright your skin after one night. For example the one from Virginic is organic and has excellent quality. Use serums every night for a week, later you can use it every second day. Should work :)

illeana
10-17-2018, 06:23 AM
yes, continuous usage of computers and lack of sleep does cause dark circles. Make sure you use under eye creams to rejuvenate your eye area.

MaTDonawan
01-20-2020, 10:43 AM
Cosmetic treatment but before use these cosmetics check their reviews and other things as well.