PDA

View Full Version : Baking Soda - My beauty must have! What's yours?

kathiny
07-04-2012, 09:15 AM
I am a beauty product junkie. I've tried out so many products in my quest to find what works and what doesn't.
Reviews help just fine but you never know if something works for you if you don't try it. One thing is for certain, what works for me may not work for you. Some of the skin care and beauty products I indulge in are body and facial scrubs. And even the best of them cannot compare to good old baking soda.

I was recently on vacation in the middle of nowhere....bugs galore. Even though I was armed with insect repellant, it still didn't help. I came back with the biggest bug bites of my life. My paste of baking soda and water soothed the swelling and itching.
Pure aloe vera and lavender oil helped heal the scars.

Every so often I get blackheads. And because of using peels, my skin flakes. I just use baking soda along with my cleaser and wash at night, then moisturize. In the morning my skin has improved 90%.

Baking soda is also great for brushing my teeth. It whitens teeth and kills bad breath when used with your regular toothpaste. I use it every other day. Love it!

Does anyone know any other great uses for baking soda? Or do you have other everyday household product uses?

skinlover
07-04-2012, 12:11 PM
Sounds good, I use it too when we have some in. I also use good quality honey as a face mask, great for healing spots. :)

x