PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my nails

Sandra
07-20-2008, 01:43 PM
I am in early 40s. Although I take proper diet, yet my nails are getting discolored. What can be the problem?

Dr.Deepak
07-20-2008, 03:38 PM
If your nails are getting discoloured and your diet is proper then there must be some medical cause under lying. Discoloration could be because of Lung disease, Asthma or suffering from long illness. It could be due to fungal infection also. I would suggest you that you should visit a physician for this problem, as without examination, it is difficult to diagnose the actual cause of discoloration to treat it.

aliva
07-27-2008, 07:48 PM
Brittle and discolored nails are indication of calcium and vitamin deficiency. So, apart from cosmetic actions, you should also reassess your diet. Include green vegetables in your diet and proteins as well. Soak your hands in un-boiled raw milk for 5 minutes, as it will hydrate your skin and also remove dead skin. Also, the calcium content should strengthen nails.

bevans43
06-02-2010, 02:30 PM
Are you using nail polish? If you do, then maybe it's because of frequent application of nail polish. It helps if you allow your nails to breath/rest for a while before applying nail polish again. ;)

stevesmith
01-22-2011, 07:14 AM
HI,
Nail problems affect people of all ages. Nail discoloration in which nail appear white, yellow,greenish can be result from different infections and conditions of the skin.the common reason for nail discolored is fungi.Nail can also be discolored by various factors :
Nail polish
some medication (antibiotics, antimalarial drugs)
Nicotine from cigarette smoking
hair coloring agents.

abhinav singh
01-24-2011, 08:22 AM
According to me, this is a fungal infection which results in onychomycosis. It normally appears white or yellow in color and may also change the texture and shape of the nail.