PDA

View Full Version : Popping a pimple

mimico
07-20-2008, 05:19 AM
I know it's really bad to pop a pimple. Not only does this lead to infection, it can also cause acne scarring. But when I look at the mirror and I see a big red pimple staring back at me, I can't help but pop it!!! I can't visualize the after-effects of popping a zit, all I can think of at that moment is that I will be finally be pimple-free. So I need some help. What do you do to avoid popping a pimple? Do you out a band aid on it or something? DO share your anti-pimple popping tips.

aliva
07-20-2008, 08:43 PM
If you are not interested to use benzoyl peroxide , apply raw garlic juice. Its antibacterial property helps a much. People say tooth paste works wonder, but I have not tried yet.

Varun
11-15-2008, 07:56 PM
To lessen the chance of a scar, make sure you put some sort of antiseptic cream (a very thin layer) on the area that you just popped a pimple in, after washing it very carefully. Use a cotton swab to do it. A good antiseptic cream is Neosporin. You can get that at Target, Rite Aid, CVS, etc. It's not very expensive at all. You may even have some in your home already.

Popping them is not the best idea, but sometimes you have to. Try not to poke at it with the nails. You could try popping with two cotton swabs. Putting the antiseptic cream on it when you first get a pimple is a good idea because sometime they will actually shrink down on their own. Sometime it may take a couple days.

jeni_fini
11-17-2008, 12:09 PM
It is very hard to not pop a pimple. Every great once in a while I will get one and feel like popping it, even though I know I shouldn't, then it is more noticeable when I do. Try putting a concealer on it to camouflage it a little. concealer will hide it temporarily until it goes away.

SkinCareDiva
02-12-2009, 10:08 PM
I am the queen of picking so I'm telling you- make sure you dont use your nails! Wrap your fingers in tissue. Push down not in., If nothing comes out, walk away, Really because then you wind up with a scab from breaking the surrounding skin on top of a festering zit!!. Dab a little zit cream on it and leave it alone. I love Mario Badescu Drying cream since it takes the red out and conceals a bit. It doesn't burn either.

luvurskin2
02-21-2009, 06:15 PM
This may help- By picking at one pimple, you are actually causing MORE pimples to appear. Acneic skin has a bacteria called "p-acnes" and when you press on or pop a pimple, you are spreading the bacteria underneath your skin to create more acne! I suggest holding a warm wash cloth to the area for 10 minutes and following with benzol peroxide and a clay based, sulfer mask. I personally love Benzo 5 and Maxi Clear from vsskin.com...its AMAZING!

Shshly
02-24-2009, 03:18 AM
You should try to use some mild daily exfoliants, and a nourishing, soothing masque.
Don’t use any cream/lotion on your face, so your skin pores are not blocked. I use Neutroslim Daily Exfoliants. It help my acne problems.

nano pearl capsule, pearl is known for whiten, brihten skin and other skin treatments.

akshaykalia
03-21-2009, 06:12 PM
It's tempting, but popping or squeezing a pimple won't necessarily get rid of the problem. Squeezing can actually push bacteria and pus deeper into the skin, which can cause more swelling and redness. Squeezing can also lead to scabs and may leave you with permanent pits or scars.

soulrider
03-23-2009, 04:57 PM
it is the worst thing you can do with a pimple...popping or squeezing can cause some permanent scars on your face...

Starchild47
03-27-2009, 05:41 AM
Not only that when it is a pimple it is encapsulated, when you pop it, you break open that capsule that infection is in. That infection is let into nearby tissues and can go into other areas. So you are opening yourself up to a bunch of nasty stuff.

KarlaSutton
03-29-2009, 12:16 PM
Do your best not to pop it, as other posters have mentioned it only opens you up to further damage. Use a topical antibiotic or acne cream. Get a prescription one once and it will last quite some time. It really dries your skin, but does the trick.

Don't touch any pimple you have popped. It will only spread bacteria and could lead to infection.

bookoworld
06-11-2009, 11:27 PM
[ Post Removed ]