PDA

View Full Version : Pigmentation - need advice

MCHR
06-17-2012, 03:25 PM
Hi,

I started getting the dark spots a few years ago (as most of you have probarly have as well)

I started using some whitening serums, but it seems like I got 'white' spots from this + the dark spots didn't really fade or dissapear, so now i think my face (only forehead) is a big mess of white and dark areas (see picture).
It seems to have gotten a bit worse by time, which confuses me as I very rarely go to the sun (because of this) and use spf 30 in winter & spf 50 in the summer.
I'm actually wondering if it would be an advantage for me to get some sun for the white areas!

Any advice on what the best treatment should be? Im male 33 years old.

I have started micro needling to find out if this can help.

nuttymadam
07-03-2012, 12:22 PM
NO, do not be tempted to sun up the light patches. It is counterproductive.

Dermarolling is an excellent step so well done, i've battled pigmentation problems for years and I avoided HQ through out. What serums did you try? You're meant to spot treat the dark areas and not use the product on the whole face (unless its impossible to do and they're everywhere).

lactic acid peels, 12% tca peels on the dark spots and sunscreen.. sepiwhite is a good ingredient for pigmentation problems.

Good luck and keep us updated!!

emma

MCHR
07-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Hi Emma,

Thanks, i will definately keep using SPF 50+ on my face in the summertime then.
I used some whitening mask and only on the dark spots, but i guess it have a negative effect of whitening the areas around the dark spots.
Have you used any products you can recommend for your pigmentation?

letty
07-18-2012, 12:01 PM
why don't you try invicible scars ? it's very much effective.I myself am experienced to that.it is a hypoallergenic skin care treatment. Since it does not contain common skin irritants like preservatives and fragrances, it is far less likely to cause a break-out than most other skin care products do.. I’m really very much satisfied by it as it has really shown drastic effects in such sort span of time. I used it on my scars and my mom sister in law is using on her skin. She has exactly the same problem of pigmentation as you have

zhazha
08-15-2012, 12:35 PM
Would this invicible cream going to work on burn scars ?

amina
08-28-2012, 06:27 AM
Invicible is great stuff. It certainly works on all types of scars. You can give it a confident try because the best part is it is hypoallergenic and don't cause breakouts. I'm fully satisfied and have been using it for months