PDA

View Full Version : Dry Itchy Leathery Scrotum. Please Help!

AlexRobinson
06-03-2012, 07:41 AM
Hi i'm new here, and i came to ask you about a problem with my scrotum.
I'm 15 and for around 6 months now i've had a dry itchy scrotum.

It started of quite mild, i had a small red patch which I started scratching. It isn't really itchy but when something comes into contact with it, it becomes itchy and as i start scratching it just gets itchier and itchier and it's very hard to stop scratching.

Due to the scratching, i often break the skin and cause bleeding, and a few hours later the skin grows back in a hard, scaly layer, which is smooth and shiny.

Due to this happening so much, the affected area is now very pink and scar-like.

As the skin regrows in scales i often find myself peeling them off, but they grow back exactly the same.

It's also very painful as if the skin get's stretched, deep cuts form along the edges of the scales where the skin is not as tough, and i someones find it unbearable to have anything rub against it.

I was wondering if it was some sort of fungal infection? I noticd my fingernails look a little thick and yellow so...? I've tried e45 itch relief cream but nothing else, it didn't work.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks! Btw if you want a picture (if i'm allowed to post one) then I will do.

Dr.Deepak
06-03-2012, 09:22 AM
Probably could be eczema, but there are other possibilities to consider like fungal infection. Could u please post a picture ?

Dr.Saiyan
06-08-2012, 06:26 AM
As Deepak said could be eczema of scrotum, fungal infection or extramammary paget disease of scrotum. But a good picture is could be more helpful for making suggestion.

AlexRobinson
06-13-2012, 09:46 PM
Yeah, here's a picture, it looks like that over a large patch on one side of the scrotum, and a smaller patch on the other side.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2nu97s.jpg

you can see where i've scratched a part of it as the skin is peeling off a little bit.

Dr.Saiyan
06-14-2012, 03:23 PM
hi! The lesion looks like scrotum eczema to me but you may also need to undergo biopsy to rule out extramammary paget disease (EMPD) of scrotum which is intra-epidermal adenocarcinoma usually found in elderly.The condition is generally relapsing and doesn't seem to response to treatment with antifungals, steroids and antibiotics.

I suggest you to visit the dermatologist and rule out the EMPG of scrotum and treat accordingly.

frank brooks
06-14-2012, 08:56 PM
Hi there everyone!! Well iīve had a rash before on my hand it ould temporarely come and go, but when it came back it would itch so bad and i would scratch it until it almost bleed, it was really uncomfortable for me cuz i would hide my hand in public because i didnt want any one to see my hand, but after a wile the rash would go away by it self with out putting anything on it. But a few weeks ago the rash came back but now i was totally gonna do something about it because i was tired of it, so a friend told me to rub garlic on the rash so thats what i did, it kind of burned a little bit but its nothing u cant handle trust me than it really starts itching but u have to be strong and not scratch it cuz other wise it wont work. Well the point is that this garlic thing really did work and now the rash its gone. I hope this advise works out for those who need it. try it im sure itīll work :)