PDA

View Full Version : I want to tighten the under eye skin

Heema
07-19-2008, 06:52 PM
I want to tighten the under eye skin to reduce puffiness and lighten the dark circles. What eye cream contains firming as well as darkness inhibiting ingredients?

Dr.Deepak
07-19-2008, 07:48 PM
First of all, it is important to know that there is always a reason for under eye dark circles and puffiness. It could be due to lack of sleep, UTI, fungal infection, cholesterol level, less protein intake, anemia and of course stress & strain. So check out the problems. Sometimes, it is hereditary also. Your diet also plays an important role. You can use tea bags or potato slices on your eyes. You can also use almond oil in night. Cream containing AHA or almond oil is good for these problems but remember also that it has to be applied before sleep.

aliva
07-31-2008, 07:52 PM
A pea-sized dollop of eye cream or serum, dabbed under each eye before bed, can take years off your peepers. Most eye creams contain topical anti-inflammatory – chemicals like caffeine that dehydrate tissue, tightening the skin into a taut, dense layer to hide the dark circles. Serums add antioxidants, such as vitamins A, C, and E to reverse cellular damage from sun. Both also moisturize the skin to minimize existing crinkles.

clearskin
08-31-2008, 07:05 PM
Under-eye treatments had been restricted to under eye gels and surgical removal of fatty lower lid pouches. The new non-surgical treatment called as Eyes by Thermage claims to remove the creases and pouches under the eyes using an unique radiofrequency technology.

MasqueFreak
09-24-2008, 04:18 AM
Refrigerated spoon and ingredient like DMAE bitatrate can tighten the skin. About the dark eye circle part, I have not been able to find a cure myself. Hylexin is good, so is La Mer eye balm but these are so expensive. BTW, Hylexin can also help ease puffiness.

Heema
10-05-2008, 04:40 PM
thank you all for your suggestion:)

kimclara
07-17-2012, 04:36 PM
I always recommend this product because I know it works. My mom has been using the SkinCeuticals A.G.E Eye Complex as long as I can remember! And she really likes it but it isnt only her that sees the difference, everyone around her can tell, her skin is more on the oily side and is not acne prone!

BRTCskincare
07-25-2012, 03:34 PM
I would recommend using products that contain collagen in them as they will be very effective at tightening up your skin. Check out the Medi Stem Collagen Cream. Hope this helps.

Carleen
08-17-2012, 01:00 PM
i had 2 of my family members use dermology skin brightener ,and it was effective in 21 days so i would recommend that.

ilovemyskin
09-25-2012, 08:30 PM
Under eye care is really hard because of the different skin and elastin around the eye area. The skin is also a lot thinner so no ordinary face moisturizer or anti-aging product will work.
A product thats worked for me is called the Life Duo. It has plant stem cells and retinyl inside of it. I definitely felt and saw tightening around the applied area. Hope that helps!

ErikSchiminger
09-26-2012, 07:17 AM
Eye care is really an integral part of our health we must aware about it.

rubyJacksonn
09-26-2012, 08:10 AM
The lower eyes are a tricky area. If you just remove fat, hollowness ensues. If you remove skin in order to tighten the area, the corners of the eye pull down. This in turn causes a rounding of the eye or a distored eye shape.
Yet the lower eyelid has both hollowness and bulges as fat deflates and the center mass of the cheek slides downward.

In our practice we prefer to perform an ultrashort incision cheeklift to tighten the lower eyelid skin.

Laser resurfacing does tighten the skin and we use it frequently, but does not accomplish the structural changes your eye would need to get the best result.
Remember the cheeklift is the trickiest operation in plastic surgery, in my opinion, so be careful to choose a surgeon with great experience in the area.

vjykmr89
09-29-2012, 07:46 AM
I have the same problem, I use clinique all about eyes but , but my under area is sunken in and dark , blame it on the genes, so i cover it with concealer, all about eyes concealer, it reduces puffiness while covering the darkness

Rudisill
10-13-2012, 03:08 PM
Did you try applying cucumbers?? Sounds funny but actually pretty good! I use stromaderm though. I do use cucumbers on occassion.:D

zeldabacon
10-19-2012, 07:46 AM
Under eye skin area is very sensitive and delicate area , so before applying any eye serum or eye cream you must test it for allergies or skin reaction. And don't forget to read about the reviews on internet.
Hope you choose the best.

breonnajackson
10-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Raw potato is also very helpful in reduction of under eye dark circles. Cucumber is also helpful in the reduction of under eye spots. I prefer to use raw potato more than cucumber. I put potato slice on my eyes and just sleep.

kevinkrieger
11-30-2013, 11:50 AM
Apply a 100% hyaluronic acid serum around the eye area at night will help to moisturize and tighten up skin.

Emily Kristina
11-30-2013, 12:01 PM
There is nothing to really permanently tighten the skin in the eye area. Lotions are only temporary and only moisturise on the surface. Wrinkles and sagging are caused by damage that only a laser or surgery can reverse.

A lotion with an alpha hydroxy ingredient such as glycolic acid can help. it is more effective than any other product on the market. You can buy it at either Sephoras if you are just starting with a smaller percentage, then as you get older you can upgrade to a product sold at a doctor's office. No prescription required.

From now on you should sleep on your back so the blood can flow properly while you sleep. This will also prevent puffiness as much as possible.

Sleeping on your back can also prevent more wrinkles and or deeper ones from forming. When you sleep with your face pressed into the pillow all night it causes a lot of damage. The collagen in your skin depletes from making expressions on a daily basis and from squishing into a pillow all night.

Terry
01-02-2014, 12:11 PM
Hence these are many treatments to tighten your under eye skin like laser treatments, prescriptions creams but I think home remedies are good options for skin problems a massage of Grapefruits oil is a best remedy for tighten under eye.

rechal
01-15-2014, 09:36 AM
Always go for a natural method. Most of the skin tightening cream uses, rosewood oil or neroli oil in it. Mix these oils with almond oil and apply it under your eyes. You can also go for herbs like aloe vera, the best remedy for loose skin. Make a paste of aloe vera, green tea, rosewood oil (2 drops), neroli oil (3 drops). Apply it around your eyes or on your face. Leave it for around half an hour. Continue this for a few weeks. You will see a great change. Essential oils are the best way to get rid of wrinkles (http://useessentialoil.com/essential-oil-uses-in-reducing-wrinkles/) or skin loosing problems.

Melissa
01-15-2014, 12:34 PM
Yes, Deepak you are right! I think internal weakness, excessive consumption of alcohol and smoking habit is also a big reason for dark circles and puffiness. So you need to change your daily routine and eat green vegetables and fresh fruits can make a difference.

Salsa
02-25-2014, 07:19 PM
Something I do from time to time is a yogurt mask. I use the greek yogurt, because it's thicker, and apply with a damp cloth. Leave it on for about 10 minutes each time you do it. And you can do it every few days for sure. It's not only very soothing, but the lactic acids are a gentle exfoliant and whitener.

Emily Kristina
05-08-2014, 06:53 AM
Yogurt mask is great for it. I use it and works for me. But I leave it for 20 minutes.

marclewis
07-25-2014, 05:16 AM
A facial mask made of egg whites is an effective to tighten your skin. Try it

marclewis
08-21-2014, 08:35 AM
Consult your doctor for retina A

kusum121
05-17-2016, 05:38 AM
My sister used her own plasma for tightening loose skin under her eye. It turned out to be good and even improved her skin texture.