PDA

View Full Version : Been treating this rash as ringworm, but not sure if it is!

itchyscratchy
05-20-2012, 03:21 PM
Hi

I've had a very itchy rash on my neck and shoulders for a few weeks now - I can't remember exactly when it started. It began with a ringworm like circle on the side of my neck and then spread as a more blotchy sort of rash with some smaller 'rings' within it.

I was diagnosed with ringworm about seven years ago and I treated it and it seemed to go. This rash has flared up periodically since then and I usually treat it with Terbinafine cream and it generally goes eventually.

On this occasion, I've been treating with clotrimazole cream as that was all I had to hand. It did seem to die down at one point but I continued using the cream to make sure it went completely. However, it seems to have flared up again in the last few days. It's itchy and quite dry now.

When I look at pics of ringworm online (as you do!) my rash doesn't look like that really. It probably looks more like pics of Pityriasis Rosea.

Having said that, it did seem to respond to ringworm treatment and it is something which I've had on and off for years, so I really don't know.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Fi

Dr.Saiyan
05-30-2012, 05:06 PM
hi fren! just from the description of rash and symptoms, its bit difficult for us to make concrete picture of the lesion. if u could attach any picture,I guess it would have been easier for us to come to any conclusion and give u some suggestions.