PDA

View Full Version : Retin A Yes or No?

Yassy
05-03-2012, 02:44 PM
Ok so when should you start using Retin A? or some kins of retinol product? or should we even be using it? If you have dry skin, can you get away with using this product a few times a week, maybe 3? And would it have any benefit if you were using it this much? And i heard once you start using it you have to keep on using it to see results, and that it thins the skin over time, so should we not start using it at a young age? How about mid 30's? Ok i know i've asked a lot of Questions, but i am so confused when it comes to this product, and would love to know some more, or anyone who has actually been using it...

y34963
05-03-2012, 11:44 PM
Please refer to the same discussion in the Skin Care Tips.

vencasand
05-04-2012, 12:52 PM
retin a builds collagen in the underneath layers of the skin and helps remove the dead skin from the area you are using it. it can be harsh on sensitive skin but it is the only proven drug that helps aging and acne. if you are starting out you could try a retinol product that is not prescription. they are a little bit safer. Retin a does not thin skin, steroid creams do that. retin a helps skin.

francisco1234
05-04-2012, 04:00 PM
I love Retin A!! I order always with Medicines Mexico they have Retin A gel too. Where are you going to order your Retin A? I have no acne and it clean my face too. Right know they are having great promotions.

frankwinger
05-04-2012, 08:00 PM
I Order mIne with Medicines Mexico too. they have the gel Retin A. It really help my skin alott:)

Ziesha001
05-16-2012, 07:38 AM
Well my mom started using Retin A when she stepped into 35 and I started when I was of 27 years old(I know its early) but don't wanted to take any kind of risks of getting wrinkles and all. I m very much satisfied with it and would love to recommend to all as now I m of 36 and I look just 10 years back, I agree its not only with the help of Retin A only, yea offcourse credit goes to my skin care tips too :p but yeah Retin A was helpful ! Few days back I got one article on Skin Aging from here http://www.antiaging-systems.com/articles/73-skin-aging-when-the-dimples-become-wrinkles and I found it so strange that when our wrinkles become dimples gosh, its too effected for our skin and found Retin A is helpful on that note and yeah got so many other great ways and excuses too for my retin a cream usages.

Yassy
05-18-2012, 02:43 PM
HI Guys, thanks for all your advice. Zeisha, i bet you have good genes too, but it's great you also have good results with retin. I am going to start with a retinol 1.25 product that a dermatologist gave me. Won't name the brand as not sure if your allowed here, anyway i'm sure they all do the same thing pretty much. WOuld love to hear your good skin care routine that you mentioned you have. Thanks Yassy :)

frankwinger
06-25-2012, 02:48 PM
Your welcome!!v How is everything going ? are you well?

kevinkrieger
01-17-2014, 10:13 AM
Buy it after consulting dermalogist.

wikisim145
03-25-2014, 12:18 PM
is it really good for skin care or having any side effects.

taraneh
05-29-2014, 06:01 PM
Retinol and its derivatives are the ONLY anti aging products that have ANY scientific research to back them up.
ANYTHING else is just speculation and is not proven to help reduce the aging process or help with wrinkles and lines.
Save surgery of course.
So yes I totally recommend it.

kaufenpreis
07-26-2014, 09:41 PM
I think the following info is included with inserts for Retin-A...

"Unless your doctor tells you otherwise, it is especially important to avoid using the following skin products on the same area as tretinoin:
Any other topical acne product or skin product containing a peeling agent (such as benzoyl peroxide, resorcinol, salicylic acid, or sulfur)
Hair products that are irritating, such as permanents or hair removal products
Skin products that cause sensitivity to the sun, such as those containing spices or limes
Skin products containing a large amount of alcohol, such as astringents, shaving creams, or after-shave lotions
Skin products that are too drying or abrasive, such as some cosmetics, soaps, or skin cleansers

Using these products along with tretinoin may cause mild to severe irritation of the skin. Although skin irritation can occur, some doctors sometimes allow benzoyl peroxide to be used with tretinoin to treat acne. Usually tretinoin is applied at night so that it does not cause a problem with any other topical products that you might use during the day. Check with your doctor before using topical medicines with tretinoin."

marclewis
08-23-2014, 06:28 AM
You should consult your dermatologist before using it.