PDA

View Full Version : Not sure what this is, can someone help??

mike6623
05-03-2012, 12:58 AM
I havehad these spots since I was young, I am 30 now. It never really itched, but now it seems like when I am hot, it itches bad and get more and more red when I heat up. The spots dim in the winter months but are still visible, kind of almost an off-skin tone. What does this look like? My insurance stinks, that is why I have never been to a Dr. I simply cannot afford it!

Here is a picture216

By the way,this is my side/stomach area

vencasand
05-03-2012, 12:22 PM
how young were you. a child? it could be a birthmark but you would have to see a doctor to find out for sure what it is. sorry i can't help.

Dr.Deepak
05-03-2012, 03:07 PM
Well there are several disease that might mimic the appearance like yours like vitiligo, fungal infections (pityriasis versicolor, pityriasis alba) and eczema and many other deficiencies like B12 deficiency and so on.

The picture is not so clear, as u said its there since childhood, my guess would be Nevus depigmentosus. Because there is loss of pigment in that area, your skin doesn't gets tanned on that area while gets tanned on other areas, this creates more contrast white during summer than during winter. I would suggest you to visit a dermatologist and get it diagnosed..

mike6623
05-03-2012, 07:40 PM
Well there are several disease that might mimic the appearance like yours like vitiligo, fungal infections (pityriasis versicolor, pityriasis alba) and eczema and many other deficiencies like B12 deficiency and so on.

The picture is not so clear, as u said its there since childhood, my guess would be Nevus depigmentosus. Because there is loss of pigment in that area, your skin doesn't gets tanned on that area while gets tanned on other areas, this creates more contrast white during summer than during winter. I would suggest you to visit a dermatologist and get it diagnosed..
Right, but it is weird that, all of the sudden, now, it itches. Never did in the past. Thanks!