PDA

View Full Version : Skin Grafting & Tattoo Removal

jargenzi
04-22-2012, 09:39 PM
Hello,

I am covered in freckles, mostly arms, face, and legs - mostly genetic, not skin damage. I had a tattoo on my arm lasered off in 2008. Unfortunately (and regrettably), it has left me with no freckles on a section of my arm. With that being said - I'd take the scarring and lack of freckles over the tattoo.

I currently draw on freckles with eye liner to blend the skin tones and make less noticable. My friend recommended skin grafting - or something along those lines. I dont know what another less-surgical procedure would be called. My arm is fully healed, so there's no open skin. Is it at all possible to 'graft' a patch of freckles/skin on the back of my leg and reconstruct on my arm?

Please help. Greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jill

vencasand
04-23-2012, 12:15 PM
that is a very good question. i don't know if they can do that or not. in todays world they can do almost anything so i imagine there may be some hope.

Dr.Deepak
04-23-2012, 02:10 PM
Yup that can be done. But you may still have scar and in some cases it might be even ugly than ur current. I can't see the pic properly (very small), if u could post a larger one we might suggest u for more alternatives, but i guess its better to get suggestion from a dermatologist regarding"repigmentation therapy", like in vitiligo using psoralen or any tanning accelerators, they might work well in some cases.

jargenzi
04-24-2012, 12:38 PM
Yup that can be done. But you may still have scar and in some cases it might be even ugly than ur current. I can't see the pic properly (very small), if u could post a larger one we might suggest u for more alternatives, but i guess its better to get suggestion from a dermatologist regarding"repigmentation therapy", like in vitiligo using psoralen or any tanning accelerators, they might work well in some cases.

Thanks for the info, all. I've attached a larger .jpg213
any additional info is greatly appreciated. i suppose i wouldnt care if the scarring was worse than now, as long as it wasnt overly obvious that something as stupid as that tattoo was lasored off!

rachinesafire
05-24-2012, 11:58 AM
Please tell me, did you use any laser treatment for removing your tattoo??

karenB
09-04-2014, 10:59 AM
There are a lot of reasons for possibly wanting a tattoo removed. One of these is the difficulty to find a job. Lots of people are trying to find work, but few of them are having a difficult time for the egregious sin of just having a tattoo. Some employers refuse to hire people with tattoo, leading to an increase in the tattoo removal business.