PDA

View Full Version : Sponge or Finger for Foundation Application?

Elaina2452
04-22-2012, 06:04 PM
I keep going back and forth with this one because I am told different things all the time.
Is it best to use a sponge for application of liquid foundation or is it better to use your fingers?
I was told by make up artists that it is best to use your finger (as long as you wash your hands) because it applies better and that you don’t waste the product on the sponge absorption.
On the other hand, I was just told by another artist that the sponge is defiantly better because it applies more evenly and gives the skin a more even tone.
Does anyone have advice on this? Or does it really just come down to personal preference?

BeautyS
04-22-2012, 10:08 PM
I think it comes down to personal preference. I use my fingers after I wash my hands and try to apply the foundation as a moisturizing cream fast and even.

skinlover
04-23-2012, 11:57 AM
I must say I don't use my fingers, I apply and blend with a make-up brush then blend again with a sponge!

xx

Rach
05-15-2012, 06:15 AM
A sponge for the majority of the face then maybe a clean index finger for spot treatments

swati
06-09-2012, 04:01 AM
Yes I also think it completely depends on your personal choice.

BRTCskincare
07-06-2012, 03:30 PM
Fingers work best to get the foundation/tinted moisturizer/tinted cream to seep into your skin and blend in wll with your natural skin tone. If you are using a sponge be sure to clean it regularly and replace it avoid to avoid build-up of bacteria.

janeesah
07-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Fingers work best to get the foundation/tinted moisturizer/tinted cream to seep into your skin and blend in wll with your natural skin tone. If you are using a sponge be sure to clean it regularly and replace it avoid to avoid build-up of bacteria.

Sponges can really get full of nasty bacteria if you don't wash them thoroughly. I spackle foundation on with a brush and then blend it with my fingers.

y34963
07-07-2012, 11:08 PM
I use my fingers. I find sponges too messy and not very hygienic. My preference for a foundation is a mineral powder foundation. I find this works better a liquid or cream foundation. You will get no bacteria from a powder foundation.

belladiorgirl
07-09-2012, 10:48 AM
I think theres NO right answer for this as half people say using fingers and other half say use sponge or brush. In my personal experience I like to use my fingers as I can apply foundation more precisely :)

MrsBombshell
07-21-2012, 11:39 PM
It's all about personal preference, but, for me, makeup brushes or the BeautyBlender sponge are the way to go. I do, after my foundation is applied, use my fingertips to just do some extra patting into the skin.

kimclara
07-26-2012, 06:56 PM
I always switch off but I find the finger method a lot better in my preferences!

ascotlee
05-26-2014, 09:11 AM
You can apply foundation with fingers.It works good.

aurident
05-27-2014, 05:08 AM
Well, I use a sponge first for better coverage, then my fingers for smoothing the foundation. I don't like using brush.

Pantherkaur
08-15-2014, 08:36 AM
I apply Rimmel brand of foundation with the help of fingertips. I mix it well with fingers.