PDA

View Full Version : Herpes Zoster vaccine in Pregnancy

catherine
03-31-2012, 04:20 PM
I'm sorry if its the wrong forum as it says about herpes simplex. I was curious about herpes zoster vaccine. can it be used during pregnancy? No i'm not getting pregnant, was just curious as i heard about herpes zoster vaccine.

vencasand
04-01-2012, 12:16 PM
i think you have to talk to a gynecologist about this. if you are thinking about becoming pregnant or know someone who is the gynecologist should always be consulted about medications or vaccines before hand. tell them everything medicine wise you take. give them a whole list including otc vitamins and herbs. you need to do what is right for your health and the babies health.

Dr.Deepak
04-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Zoster vaccine is not currently recommended for pregnant women as the effect of the vaccine on the fetus has not been studied yet. Women should avoid becoming pregnant for at-least 3 months after Zoster vaccination. If unknowingly one gets pregnant within 1 months of vaccination, you should consult your doctor about the possible risk. But the decision of terminating the pregnancy should not be based on just because of the vaccine alone.

Reference:
http://www.merck.com/product/usa/pi_circulars/z/zostavax/zostavax_pi2.pdf

anniewallents
07-24-2013, 05:10 PM
I don't recommend it.

kaufenpreis
11-17-2014, 12:47 PM
Zoster vaccine live has not been assigned to pregnancy category by the FDA. Zoster vaccine live is contraindicated during pregnancy. Animal studies have not been reported. There are no controlled data in human pregnancy. However, naturally occurring varicella infection is known to sometimes cause fetal harm. Furthermore, pregnancy should be avoided for three months following vaccination.

William Smith
06-19-2015, 08:13 AM
I'll not recommend to use Zoster vaccine.