PDA

View Full Version : How long does hair grow in a month

Hariharan
03-26-2012, 11:55 AM
I had problem with this folliculitis thing on my head, so finally decided to shave my hair totally. But now it looks so odd and i'm forced to wear a cap. I was just wondering how long does hair grow in a month? Any tips how can i grow it faster ?

vencasand
03-26-2012, 01:10 PM
i was always taught hair grows an eighth of an inch a month. i don't know if recently they have found out different or not. i was a licensed cosmetologist and this is what we learned back in the late 60's but science discovers new facts every day.

pepsimax
03-26-2012, 07:38 PM
Exercise stimulates the blood to flow which nourishes each hair follicle, plus a well balanced diet helps promote hair growth. No two people are the same in how fast hair grows although I base mine on around 1/2 inch a month.

dale91
03-27-2012, 07:34 AM
The hair on our head is considered as one of the easily perceived markers of good health. The normal hair growth cycle runs from 2 to 6 years. The strands are evenly distributed from the resting hair, those which are considered as fully frown, and the growing strands. Around 10 percent of your hair is already in a testing phase. After two or three months, the resting hair falls out, and allows new hair strands to grow in its place.

To make it grow faster, you can take some dry red bell peppers and boil in water for few minutes. When the tonic cools down, rinse your hair with it. It is believed to make hair stronger too

vencasand
03-27-2012, 12:35 PM
i never heard of that dale, i guess the red peppers stimulates the scalp.

Hariharan
03-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Thanks guys for suggestion. i want my hair grow atleast a inch or half this month. Dale doesn't red bell peppers burn off the scalp, i'm afraid to use that, never heard of such. I will try using eggs as suggested on other sites and i'm massaging my scalp with hot oil currently. Lets see how fast it grows.

fetamy
04-05-2012, 10:36 AM
i never heard of that dale, i guess the red peppers stimulates the scalp.
What is this?
Are you serious?

pepsimax
04-08-2012, 07:11 AM
To make it grow faster, you can take some dry red bell peppers and boil in water for few minutes. When the tonic cools down, rinse your hair with it. It is believed to make hair stronger too

Peppers have what is called 'Capsaicin' that produces histamine hormone that aids in hair follicle production. Research performed on mice and humans have inconclusive results. The experiments applied peppers under the skin of mice and through digestion in humans and although showed and increase in hair growth, does not show that topical application works.

vjykmr89
09-28-2012, 04:01 AM
Hair grows approximately 1cm to 2 cm in 30 days depending on the persons health

breonnajackson
09-28-2012, 11:41 AM
a half an inch to an inch a month depending on your hair color.

y34963
09-28-2012, 03:56 PM
The older you get the slower your hair grows. It doesn't have much to do with colour. A half an inch is average.