PDA

View Full Version : Need few suggestions

Dr.Deepak
03-23-2012, 09:21 PM
Well, we have finished upgrading the site to latest software. still few things are left like design and all those stuffs..we are planning to add few function to the forum like "live chat" and others.. what do u thing please post your ideas.

What do you like to be added.. ?

skinlover
03-23-2012, 09:53 PM
Hi Deepak.
I think the live chat sounds a good idea for those who would like too. :) I also think the forum just needs to be clearly laid out but formal looking too, to add professionalism. :)
I think also a 'like' button could be good under people's comments and threads instead of or aswell as the 'thanks' button, for when you like a comment but don't necessarily want to say thanks. but that's just a suggestion. :)
This could also add to people's reputation which I think is also important as being given a rating helps us feel rewarded for the help we give. :)

I will come back with more suggestions after I've had a good think, haha.
Keep up the good work.
Lucy,

pepsimax
03-24-2012, 08:07 AM
I have to agree with the 'like' button. I tend to use thanks as a way of saying I like, so not vital but handy if you can arrange that. Live chat I like too.
I personally think the layout of the board has always been user friendly so I don't think major changes need to be made there.
A forum I used years ago listed members birthdays for that day on the homepage so we could send birthday wishes. I can't say I have looked for this here but I have never noticed 'birthday' threads. This could just add a friendly aspect to the forum.

skinlover
03-24-2012, 09:54 AM
yeah I like those ideas :)

L.
x

vencasand
03-24-2012, 01:41 PM
i think live chat would be great. i have had some difficulty signing into the forum, but that might be because of the tweaking of the new system or my computer is too slow. that will chage ina couple of weeks. i am going satellite,

test
03-24-2012, 11:49 PM
ok trying dislike post this is test test.. please dislike me.. thanks.. it will effect user reputation " the green bar"

Zenisha
03-26-2012, 06:32 PM
I also agree on chatty chatty thing... we love chatting..

dale91
03-27-2012, 07:49 AM
disliking a post that affects the green bar kinda demoralize the member. Its just my thought though. I would rather have my post dislike and membership level be retained than green bar decreased...

Dr.Deepak
03-27-2012, 11:33 AM
disliking a post that affects the green bar kinda demoralize the member. Its just my thought though. I would rather have my post dislike and membership level be retained than green bar decreased...

yup i agree on that,( it might be misused) but what if member just posts useless thread in an attempt to increase post for link promotion and other stuffs. This way if other people dislikes posts, the posts automatically get hidden and member get banned ( the dislike button works on this concept) But anyway i'll think about ur suggestions too..

vencasand
03-27-2012, 11:59 AM
just don't make the forum too difficult to follow. one of the other forums i visit revamped theirs and it is so many steps to get to where you want to go i just skip over them and am actually thinking of not visiting them anymore. so far this is great the way you have it. easy to navigate (for us old people) and still friendly and welcoming. i hope you keep the friendly and welcoming part. good work.

Dr.Deepak
03-27-2012, 01:11 PM
Let me know what problems you have or what features u dislikes so we can manage and make the forum most user friendly..all suggestions and criticism are welcome.. please don't hesitate to criticize ...

skinlover
03-28-2012, 07:57 AM
I think I liked how the forum was before, where you had the list of forums vertically down the page and then on the right you had the latest discussions. but that's just what I think.

L.
x

Dr.Deepak
03-28-2012, 09:03 AM
i guess currently we also have lists of forums down the page and yea lucy u are correct we do have latest discussion on the right which is currently being disable for better functionality.. its there don't worry we are just editing few features to make it better.

vencasand
03-28-2012, 12:43 PM
i won't hesitate to criticize, just ask my boss at the pharmacy. i speak openly and loudly if i don't think something is right. but so far you have made all the right moves. i will tell you when i don't like something.

y34963
04-05-2012, 02:36 AM
I like the idea of 'like' button. The green bar I agree with dale91. Brenda I think I know the sites you are referring to and I don't visit any longer. We must keep it simple. Sites are getting so busy (like to new stupid Timeline on Facebook) and people are hating them and just don't come back. I love the idea of live chat. I could chat all night, lol.

skinlover
04-05-2012, 12:24 PM
I think there's too much blue at the moment, can we have a little pink? :P

L.
x

pepsimax
04-08-2012, 06:59 AM
If how it is now is how it is staying then I feel it is very user friendly. I tend to look for notifications at the top then click 'new posts'.

Advards
05-21-2012, 11:38 AM
My suggestion just to give some help for this forum which is very important for the viewers who like to join this forum which is very interesting comprising of so many various topics regarding the health as well as basic fundamental knowledge in order to keep the body strong and better.

aromatherapist
11-19-2012, 04:25 PM
It's always nice to make things automatic but the like button got abused on Ebay and Artfire had issues with it for a while too. Made lots of people unhappy and whiny. If people just would not be vindictive when they don't like someone, it wouldn't be a problem to have that sort of button set up.