PDA

View Full Version : Dark circles and pigmentation around lips.

latika
03-09-2012, 06:17 PM
have dark circles which is hereditary. Even have pigmentation around lips. tried lots of things but didn't wrk......used kojivit , melaglow, blift,yugard,strea c, retinol, vitamin c......even done 12 sittings of SA,GA peels , laser pixel treatment......but nothing has worked for me....Can anyone suggest me

Dr.Deepak
03-10-2012, 10:46 AM
Are those pigmentations just on the lips or on other areas? Sometimes chronic biting, smoking, coffee and manipulation of the lips may give rise to a form of reactive hyperpigmention. As you said hereditary, it might be hard to treat such cases. It is wise to further see if there is any association with systemic diseases. Sometimes they are just the manifestation of systemic diseases. The best use regimens are those combinations of hydroquinone, tretinoin, and weak topical steroids. Chemical peels and laser therapy may be helpful for some pigmentary changes, but it can also result in further unwanted hyperpigmentation if used incorrectly.

I would suggest you to see a dermatologist and find out the cause if any and treat accordingly.

DrNiketa
03-18-2012, 11:14 PM
have dark circles which is hereditary. Even have pigmentation around lips. tried lots of things but didn't wrk......used kojivit , melaglow, blift,yugard,strea c, retinol, vitamin c......even done 12 sittings of SA,GA peels , laser pixel treatment......but nothing has worked for me....Can anyone suggest me

Dear Latika,

In my opinion mesotherapy is the only treatment that helps in dark circles. No amount of kojic/ vit C/ retinoids/ chemical peels/ laser treatments help.
Meso therapy is also the fastest treatment showing marked change within 1-2 months of starting treatment.

Also, have your haemoglobin levels and thyroid hormone levels checked.

xoxo

y34963
03-21-2012, 08:38 AM
Latika, before you do anything I suggest you follow Deepak's advice and see a dermatologist and get a medical opinion. Your dermatologist would better be able to diagnosis if there are any medical problems and suggest remedies that may be helpful to you.

alica55
03-26-2012, 12:57 PM
I agree with Deepak too. Right cure for any disease is to first consult with a good dermatologist.

withavision
04-24-2012, 01:09 PM
Latika,

Any updates? Are the patches raised at all?

Surprised that you have not gotten even tiny results. Also how long have these spots been present?

bobsmith12
09-21-2012, 11:01 AM
I think you should try fractional laser treatment for dark circles and pigmentation around the lips. Fractional laser works effectively of the pigmented area and removes the damaged cells from your skin and give you better and younger looking skin.