PDA

View Full Version : advice for dark/tired looking eyes?

skinlover
03-01-2012, 06:42 PM
I was just wondering if anyone had any tips/advice on ways of keeping our eyes looking bright and 'awake' looking?
My eyes always tend to look tired, dark and my skin around them looks so thin these days, probably due to staying up late and squinting at my phone in the dark.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thankyou.

L.
x

vencasand
03-02-2012, 01:51 PM
lucy you just answered your own question. get some good sleep and turn off the phone!! would you rather look tired with circles under your eyes or talk on the phone at night? have to give some things up to be beautiful!!!!( my granddaughter does the same thing!!)she looks tired all the time too. also gave her the same advice. best of luck!!

y34963
03-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Good advice Brenda. Sometimes though dark circles are genetic and there isn't much we can do about that. A good concealor works wonders too.

skinlover
03-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Haha! I guess I did Brenda! Thanks guys. Although was wondering if anyone knew of any natural remedies to make the eye area look a bit more awake and alert? Does the teabag trick work? or eye creams/gels.

L.
x

vencasand
03-04-2012, 02:11 PM
yes the tea bag things work. some people here use cold teaspoons. the eye cream with caffeine works also.

paulspnao
03-30-2012, 11:01 AM
Dark circles under the eyes have various causes, such as: lack of sleep, diet deficiencies, allergies etc. The general remedies that will help you get rid of the dark circles under the eyes consist in drinking a plenty of water daily, having a healthy diet in which vegetables and fruits should prevail, getting enough rest and sleep, avoiding cigarette smoking etc.

y34963
04-05-2012, 02:12 AM
Yes allergies are a big part of dark circles now that summer is just about here. I am having horrible problems right now with them. I try to drink plenty of water (also good for weight loss). I always eat just whole foods and getting enough sleep, well who really gets enough sleep, lol.

advanskin
05-05-2012, 11:01 AM
#1 : Apply cool green tea bags over your eyes for 10 to 15 minutes. Other natural remedies for tired eyes include placing black tea bags, cotton balls soaked in cold milk or cucumber slices over your eyes. These home remedies reduce puffiness and that bloodshot look.

# 2 : Splash cold water on your eyes. Continue to do this throughout the day to perk up your eyes and your complexion.

claire87john
01-09-2013, 10:04 AM
If you don’t get a good night’s sleep, it's much more likely that fluid will collect under your eyes, leading to puffy eyes and dark circles. Aim for eight hours of beauty sleep each night.

Use an extra pillow while you sleep to keep fluid that contributes to puffiness and dark circles from collecting under your eyes.

Pat on a full-spectrum, high-SPF sunscreen around your eyes, and consider wearing sunglasses to give your skin a little extra protection.

Lack of vitamin B and antioxidants such as vitamins A, C, and E — can lead to dark circles under your eyes.

withavision
02-19-2013, 07:59 PM
Get more sleep

drink more water

with your fingers - start at each of your temples and massage down under your eyes gently each night before bed

rest cold things over your eyes each night - such as a wash cloth, cucumbers etc ...

And of course the green or black tea bags others have mentioned.....

Good luck

fred
04-25-2013, 11:54 AM
get some good sleep like you said you don't get proper sleep due to phones in the dark.

lovemyhair
05-02-2013, 11:49 AM
Apply cucumber juice for 10-15 minutes and then wash off your eyes with plain water .This will help in reducing eye stress.

healthprofessio
05-10-2013, 12:16 PM
Green tea bag is the good remedy for dark circles.

thronemia
06-12-2013, 04:30 AM
Yes dark circles may be hereditary. But don’t worry; Refer these tips to get rid of all the issues.
• First of all you have to take complete sleep.
• Remove your all eye makeup before going to bed.
• Take a healthy diet which contains green vegetables, milk, vitamin A and more.
• Avoid stress. Relaxing might be helps you to improve your skin.
• Place a slice of cucumber over each eye.
• Avoid smoking and intake of alcohol.
• Apply cool tea bags over the eyes.
Also you can refer easy and safe natural way to get rid of dark circles and eye wrinkles.

anneyauster
06-12-2013, 09:42 AM
Slice a raw potato (after refrigerating for a couple of minutes) into two and circle the closed eyes gently with those halves.
Dip cotton pads in chilled milk and place on your eyelids and relax for 20-30 minutes. This well help your eyes in water retention and it would also cool them off .
Take chilled water in a bowl and add a few drops of vitamin E oil to it, now mix the two well. Dip cotton pads in this mixture and place on the eyes for 20 minutes, this well help in reducing the swelling around the eyes.
Stiffly beat a few egg whites and apply it around your eyes with a brush.yes.
Cucumbers are a fantastic natural remedy to get rid of under eye puffiness.

Melissa Mellie
07-02-2013, 06:52 AM
You should have to proper sleep

anneyauster
07-03-2013, 11:07 AM
Some advice are:
Cold teaspoons applied on the skin under the eyes also do wonders.
Cool empty teabags on the skin under the eyes are also a very efficient remedy they calm the skin and prevent it from swelling.

Emma Brown
07-30-2013, 01:03 PM
Get proper sleep. Take care of your diet. Diet plays an important role in eliminating under eye circles over a period of time. Thus, include more vitamin C (strengthens blood vessel walls), E, K, folic acid and iron in your diet. Massage regularly the area under eyes with almond oil or peanut oil. Leave the nourishing oil on your skin overnight.

anneyauster
08-05-2013, 08:04 AM
Drink 8-10 glasses of water per day.
Make sure you're getting that multivitamin.
Chamomile tea bags.
Cool off with cucumber.
Use Vitamin K-infused cream.

sprackca
09-02-2013, 12:01 AM
Hi Lucy,

I found a great product that helps with tired looking eyes. Let me know if you want more information about it.

Emily Kristina
09-02-2013, 12:23 PM
Slices of cucumber on your eyes, or teabags that have been dipped in cold water.

kevinkrieger
01-06-2014, 08:16 AM
I would say stay hydrated, Limit your sodium intake, Do an massage for eye, Up your water intake, eat lots of leafy greens and vitamin-C fruits, foods like eggs and carrots.

aurident
01-13-2014, 02:10 PM
I think that you are right. My Auntie also got this dark circles under her eyes, that is why she is being called as "Panda" at times, and unfortunately, I also got it. The dark circles get worse whenever I stay up late due to work, I use eye concealer most of the time just to hide them.

Terry
01-21-2014, 09:42 AM
You can also use crushed mint leaves, almond oil, or a cotton ball soaked in rose water to help reduce eye puffiness. Vitamin C and K also helps to reduce darkness under eye.

Terry
01-30-2014, 08:40 AM
put slices of cucumber on your eyes for 15 to 20 min. daily and you will see the result

turf
02-03-2014, 12:19 PM
have a good sleep and relax while the slices of cucumber is on your eyes. the good sleep is the most important.

ChristinaRose
02-18-2014, 03:46 PM
True, adequate rest and hydration play a vital role in skin health. However, if you eyes look tired and full, wash then with rose water. Here's how you do it:

In a small bowl, add two tablespoons of rose water and fill the rest with clean water. Now, dip your eyes in the bowl .. blink a few times ... and when you're done ... do the same thing for the other eye ... It works great and good for eyes too.

Hope it helps.

marclewis
08-21-2014, 09:02 AM
Take enough sleep for 7 to 8 hours and drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated.

sharncheema
09-02-2014, 07:35 AM
Cucumber is useful for the eyes. It gives the relaxation.

frankyjannie
09-10-2014, 11:56 AM
Cleansing your skin is really the foundation of a healthy skin care routine. Whether you have oily, normal or combination skin, it is important to clean your facial skin without stripping it of naturally occurring oils that are important for younger looking skin.