PDA

View Full Version : What is this rash? (picture attached)

minxmitten
02-25-2012, 12:51 AM
I have been getting this all over my body for the past three months. It's a constant thing that flares up and subsides daily. This is on my inner thigh, but I've had it flare literally everywhere at one point or another.

vencasand
02-25-2012, 01:25 PM
i think you should see a dermatologist to find out what is happening. if it is all over your body something is not right with your system. you need some blood work and to be checked out. seeing a picture doesn't mean we will have correct answers. please see a doctor. a dermatologist would be best.

Dr.Saiyan
02-28-2012, 07:13 AM
hi minxmitten! these rashes seems like chronic urticaria to me,as u said u have been perceiving these for more than three months. These rashes seems to appear in cluster,usually very itchy, subside within 24 hrs and recurrent. they are hypersensitive reaction of our body to wide variety of allergens including external and internal .usually they are not fatal but its very difficult to trace out the culprit allergen.they could range from recently changed medication,food (especially seafood,nuts,eggs),Inhaling air borne allergens like dust and pollen and mold from construction works,carpet,fur of dogs and cats,cosmetic ,synthetic material,viral illness including systemic diseases like hepatitis,heat, cold,stress etc.

Systemic illness needs to be excluded before treating urticaria than avoid the culprit environmental allergens tracing them by yourself if possible. mild cases can be treated symptomatically applying lactocalamine lotion locally and taking some antihistamines to alleviate the itching.for severe cases it better to see the dermatologist coz steroids may need to be used.hope u keep us informed about your condition,we look forward to hearing from you.