PDA

View Full Version : Are you a firm devotee of henna?

aliva
07-16-2008, 09:17 PM
Yesterday, my friend told me that henna is harmful to hair as a hair conditioner. This is because it seals the hair to breathe, making it dry in the long run. This statement surprised me because henna has always been considered and is used by a large number of women regularly. Many beauticians also advice to use henna for the hair. They claim, it helps to condition hair by improving its texture to make it soft and shiny. It also, they say, promotes hair growth and acts as an effective cleansing agent. It does not destroy the natural acid mantle of the scalp. According to them, henna conditions and thickens hair by coating the hair shaft.

Is henna a bad hair-conditioner?

mimico
07-17-2008, 08:51 AM
Never tried it. I know it's used to promote and maintain one's hair color. But since I'm still young, I don't have white or grey hair yet am not in need of this product. I know a lot of people who are allergic to the henna dye used for tatoos, so this ingredient may not be suitable for sensitive skin.

beatrix_kiddo
01-11-2009, 09:21 PM
I am usually alone in my argument against henna. A lot of wome use henna very regulary saying it is more 'natural' that othe chemical products. I believe the products are made to do good to ones hair and they do most of the time. Henna always dries out the scalp and i am not too fond of the scent too. (even on other ppl). Also using other organic things like curd , egg only make it more unhygienic and have little to know benefit . But thats just my opinion.

Crazysah
03-21-2009, 11:55 AM
Yeah totally.I agree with the above poster. Henna is not that great.

Igorokk
06-11-2009, 06:40 PM
this whole post i agree with, he wont talk to you because your not important enough very big headed, if everyone who made things that help people use homebrew or even OSlike ms said that the world wouldnt work, even Microsoft will help people.