PDA

View Full Version : Really need some help.

Fozzy
02-09-2012, 03:52 AM
Hi there, I've had this problem for about 6 years maybe but it has gotten worse now.
I'm a 20 year old male turning 21 this May and I'm getting sick of this problem.

First of all, my whole face gets really oily. I can wipe it down with some wipes during the day but this doesn't last long.

I've also got a lot of what I think is dry sebum on my face, mostly my nose and just under my eyes.

In the same area I've got dirty pores, and nothing I've used seems to help.

The products I've used that I can remember are:
Clean and Clear Self Foaming Facial Wash
Garnier Pure 3 in 1 Wash, Scrub, and Mask (along with the garnier toner and moisturizer)
and right now I'm using the Garnier Pure Active Exfobrusher.

I've got a few pictures but the quality on my phones camera is pretty bad.
http://picturestack.com/759/480/HmsIMG2012020aLR.jpg
http://picturestack.com/759/513/gFQIMG2012020s1I.jpg
http://picturestack.com/759/567/pi3IMG2012020ArT.jpg

Thankyou for any help you can provide.

Dr.Saiyan
02-09-2012, 02:18 PM
hi fozzy! the picture you sent is very unclear and as it is very difficult to suggest a diagnosis online itself and with the picture as such is even more difficult.from the history you have given and picture you have sent it seems like' rosacea' to me.

i would like to know weather you have history of flushing or persistent redness of face in the past. though the cause of disease is not clear but thought to be due to either genetic or hyperactivity of sebaceous gland activity, which can lead to oily skin, overgrowth of bacteria on the skin and inflammation with reddening of face and acne like eruption.this leads to burning and stinging sensation and fine dilation of blood vessels on face. the condition may lead to another subtype called rhinophyma where thickning, swelling and disfigurement of nose may occur.

the disease has chronic course and has flares and remission stage. various aggravating facors like alcohol,emotional stress,spicy food, exercise,weather changes etc have been isolated.rosacea still do not seem to have good cure .it is helpful to use sunscreen of SPF 15 or above and avoid the aggravationg factors including sunburn which is also thought to be very important aggravationg factor.There are many treatment choices for rosacea depending on the severity and extent of symptoms. Available medical treatments can also be similar to acne due to overlap may exist between them which include antibacterial washes, topical and systemic antibiotic , lasers, pulsed-light therapies, photodynamic therapy, and isotretinoin etc.these medication should be used in rosacea patients with care after consulting dermatologist coz their skin is very sensitive.

so i would like to suggest you to see dermatologist and seek appropriate treatment in order to avoid complication like rhinophyma( disfigurement of nose) and further deterioration of the condition.hope you will keep us informed about your condition and progress.we will be happy to hear from you .

Fozzy
02-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the reply.
Yeah I think I'll have to check out some dermatologists in the area.

I know the prices would vary between areas and for different skin conditions, but would you have a rough idea of how much I'd have to pay to get checked out?

vencasand
02-10-2012, 02:08 PM
fozzy, i don't know where you are from but in the us dermatologists don't charge by the part of body or face. it is one price unless they have to do some burning off of pre cancerous marks. derms are worth the price. i was lucky i didn't have to go to a derm until i was way older but i have to go every year for pre cancerous spots.

skinlover
03-12-2012, 04:07 PM
Maybe try using products that are a bit more natural and gentle too.

L.
x