PDA

View Full Version : Need help with clogged pore on nose

Frybird
02-07-2012, 08:39 PM
Help! It is a minor problem, but I have had it so long I can't stand it! I have what I percieve to be a clogged pore on my nose. It is slightly brown in color.

I have tried squeezing it out, but it looks like skin has grown over it. I have also tried steaming my face and using a exfoliating electronic brush. No luck. On rare occassions (only twice), I gently tried to use a needle, but only scratched up my nose.

I have had this thing for at least 2 years, its time to come out!

Who would I go to for something like this. Seems too minor to go to a dermatologist. Spa maybe? No idea.

Blondie
02-08-2012, 04:26 AM
Most Sephoras have blackhead extractors. If you're patient with it, you can use one of those to remove it without damaging your skin.

One of the things that really helped with the blackheads on my nose and cheeks was a chemical peel, but they can get expensive. (If you want to buy the ingredients and diy, you'll have to get some ph strips for safety's sake!)

vencasand
02-08-2012, 01:43 PM
go to a derm. if you really don't know what it is and you have tried to pop it, i think it is a derm who needs to either remove it or at least tell you what it is. do you use sunscreen everyday? if it bothers you, nothing is too minor for a dermatologist. that is why they are there. stop picking at it. (smacks your fingers from your face)lol

Frybird
02-08-2012, 05:17 PM
Most Sephoras have blackhead extractors. If you're patient with it, you can use one of those to remove it without damaging your skin.

One of the things that really helped with the blackheads on my nose and cheeks was a chemical peel, but they can get expensive. (If you want to buy the ingredients and diy, you'll have to get some ph strips for safety's sake!)

Is that the thing with the metal loop on it?

Frybird
02-08-2012, 05:22 PM
I've been pretty good about not messing with it. Every once in a while I just give it a shot. It usually isnt very noticable, but when I work out, it rises and becomes more visible. It also doesn't help right now that I am pale :o C'mon Summer!

Oh, to answer your question, no I don't use sunscreen very often.

Blondie
02-09-2012, 04:11 AM
Yes, it's the metal thing with tiny loop.

And also: OMG wear sunscreen! Photodamage, especially over a life time, can wreak havoc on your skin.

vencasand
02-09-2012, 02:08 PM
definitely use sunscreen. my brother in law has the most beautiful skin. he had a pimple on his nose that wouldn't go away. he never used sunscreen either. he works outside around his home a lot and when this"pimple" showed up he kept trying to pop it. he finally went to a doctor. who sent him to a surgeon. he had basil cell carcinoma. the surgeon had to go so deep that they used cartledge from his ear to even his nose out so it looks like nothing was ever wrong. what i am trying to say. see a derm. make sure this thing isn't a bad thing. wear sunscreen.

y34963
02-11-2012, 08:25 PM
If there is a number 1 rule in skin care it would be to use a broad spectrum sunscreen.

Misha Smith
02-15-2012, 11:38 AM
Try oil cleansing method, I’ve been doing this for the past two years and it never fails me!